International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

is it me, or is it reeeeaaaaally quiet here?

who's here? anyone?

Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)

Re: is it me, or is it reeeeaaaaally quiet here?

• I am here off and on while the kids go from one activity to another. Right now it is block stacking, so they are occupied and quiet...for now. :)

How are you feeling welshgirl?

• I'm here too. Alt-tabbing between screens, got loads of documentation to get out to a client today, but it's been an awesome week.

1. Got holiday to Egypt booked

2. Got another First Class Honours mark for an assignment

3. Got some money back from a hotel I had booked in Oz

• image VegemiteWife:

I'm here too. Alt-tabbing between screens, got loads of documentation to get out to a client today, but it's been an awesome week.

1. Got holiday to Egypt booked

2. Got another First Class Honours mark for an assignment

3. Got some money back from a hotel I had booked in Oz

Great week indeed! When are you off to Egypt? I am so glad one of the hotels was sensible and refunded you even in part!

• Egypt in June - can't wait - is going to be really hot and we'll get some diving in - DH and I are qualified Deep Sea Divers.

Plus we're going to have a weekend with my sister and her husband in the Cotswolds after my MSc exams are over.

AND we're off to NYC to see my dad who I haven't seen since I got married a couple of years ago! He's over there anyway to see a consultant (we don't get great healthcare in his part of the world and someone recommended this Dr) so dad's paying for me and DH to come stay with him. Awesome!

Really glad to get some cash back on the Oz thing... didn't expect it, but one of the hotels was really understanding. I will totally stay there next time I go home!

• I'm doing okay, thanks Lane. A bit icky, but I'm trying to ignore it. How are you feeling? And how did hte scan go?
  • Vege - Egypt sounds AMAZING! It is on my bucket list.

The dog was just picked up for 'camp.' He is actually going to a farm which is a great kennel we found, but every time I say he is going to the farm I feel like I am using a euphemism and going to kill him.  I am overly attached to him...but now I get to pack and get ready for the Greek islands so well worth it!

• I'm here! I have the day off from school, woohoo! :-) Gotta love the random scandinavian holidays that don't mean anything!

Vegemite - where in egypt are you going?

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2m7zuax.jpg[/IMG]

</br>TTC #1 since Sept 2011 </br> BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    </br> BFP#2 2/27/13. Please be our rainbow!
    </br>
    </br>
    <a href="http://www.adventuresaboundabroad.blogspot.com">Blog</a>
  • Vegemite, that's great news on your assignment - well done! And great news on Egypt and the hotel as well! Not a bad day for you! :)

• I'm here & really bored at work so hoping the board will pick up!

VegemiteWife - that's great news re the hotel in Oz!

Lane - how did the scan go? did you get to see him/her?

I'm a bit grumpy today as the doc told me I still can't have a bath for a week. Bloody irritating.

• I'm here. Just lurking on other boards, trying to see if anything juicy happened last night. So far, no.
  • wow, fab week vegemite!

i'm here. with a horrific hangover. thinking i might take a half day today and take a nap so i can stay up for the hockey playoffs tonight.

had a super fun night last night but wow... today's a struggle.

TTC #1 since Aug 2010 * BFP Aug 2011, EDD April 16 2012 * MMC @ 7w5d, D&C @ 10w5d
    BFP Apr 2012, EDD Dec 19 2012 * twin h/b at 6wk, 9wk scan * Baby A lost at 12wks, Baby B was my rainbow born at 36wks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Val?rie:

Lane - how did the scan go? did you get to see him/her?

I'm a bit grumpy today as the doc told me I still can't have a bath for a week. Bloody irritating.

I am SO sorry to hear about the bath, boo! I live for baths! I think you should buy yourself some nice smelling salts and candles to have a wonderful celebratory bath when you get the green light!

The scan went great, thanks for asking! callatini came with me, so nice of her, and we saw him/her (but I am saying him, just a gut feeling!) and he was moving and rolling all around. Long legs, a nasal bone (which is key at this stage I guess) and a good heartbeat. And yet it still doesn't feel real to me. How maternal I am!

• image Lane615:

I am SO sorry to hear about the bath, boo! I live for baths! I think you should buy yourself some nice smelling salts and candles to have a wonderful celebratory bath when you get the green light!

The scan went great, thanks for asking! callatini came with me, so nice of her, and we saw him/her (but I am saying him, just a gut feeling!) and he was moving and rolling all around. Long legs, a nasal bone (which is key at this stage I guess) and a good heartbeat. And yet it still doesn't feel real to me. How maternal I am!

Yeah, I'm going to stock up on Lush products during the week & make this bath the best one anyone has ever had!

That's brilliant for the scan! It must be completely surreal. And cool of callatini to come with, your H must have been gutted to miss it.

• Lane, I think it's normal for it to not feel real. It's kind of a big deal. I am sure our brains have a hard time processing the idea of something growing in there. At least I am assuming so.

V, yay for an extra good bath when you finally can.

• That's great about the scan - are you going to say which sex when you know what it is or keep it a secret? I've always wondered why people keep it a secret, but have never been pregnant so I don't know if I'd change my mind in the same situation.

Yes to callatini for going with you!

Egypt - going to Dahab. Have been to Taba before and I think they will be quite similar - our resort is on a beach out of town so it will be v v quiet, but that's what we want.

I know - cracking week! I feel very very lucky this week. Still got some work to do before the end of the semester for the MSc but at least I feel better about paying the fees knowing that I've got a good shot of passing.

• image VegemiteWife:

That's great about the scan - are you going to say which sex when you know what it is or keep it a secret? I've always wondered why people keep it a secret, but have never been pregnant so I don't know if I'd change my mind in the same situation.

Actually, I don't think we are going to find out. We only have one more scan, at 20 weeks, which is around when people find out the gender, but we are hopefully going to keep it a mystery to ourselves even!

• I'm here off and on.  Leo is very interested in the laptop so it's hard for me to actually do anything on it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm not here. I'm in Houston. But if I don't check in briefly, I get withdrawal symptoms.

• image Lane615:

And yet it still doesn't feel real to me. How maternal I am! 

Yeah... it still doesn't feel all that real to me yet. 

• Lane, the first time it felt real to me, honestly, was the night after he'd been born and I was coming to grips with BFing. My entire pregnancy was very surreal. I felt kicks and saw a few scans and knew what was happening, but it certainly didn't feel real.