May 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Update on life

Ok ladies, many of you know that I'm facing so many different choices right now.  Well, this past weekend I went to my 10 year high school reunion in CT and then hung out for a few days in NY so that I could have girl time with my old roommate who flew all the way from Australia to attend the reunion.  Crazy, yes, but she said she wanted to do it since she literally hadn't been back since we graduated.

Anyway, I did my usual networking while I was in NYC for one night and in conversation, one of my friends said his friend is actually looking to hire someone.  So, long story short, I've been called for an interview.  Yay!!!!!  The scary part, though, is that my friend said the work environment is far from female friendly.  Everyone in the group is male and they are so testosterone driven that they supposedly drove off the last woman who worked there.  

I asked my friend's friend directly if we could talk offline about the situation.  He said that the woman who left actually did so b/c she is going to business school in the fall and she is taking time off to travel before the semester starts. 

I'm super nervous and excited at the same time.  This job sounds almost too perfect for my skill set and they definitely need someone right away.  I usually try not to get my hopes up, but they are super up right now despite the work environment question.  Ugh.

Anyway, wish me luck since I will be in an interview setting all day Tuesday.  Eeek!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Update on life

• Good luck...I'd love to work with all guys...well, that's if they were cool, of course!

I hope your friend was wrong about driving women out if you were to get the position. I think you could put the guys in place! Wink

• good luck!
    Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
  • Lol at Amador.  I'm used to working with all guys but the fact that I was given a special warning regarding how they act makes me think twice about the whole thing.  I really hope my friend was just exaggerating because I don't want to start working there and be super miserable after a few weeks.
  • Good luck sweetie!!  We'd LOVE to have you back up North again!

• GL girl.

I worked with a lot of men before and I think it's all how you approach it.

From the warning and then what you were told about the person leaving because she wanted to travel and was going to business school doesn't sound like they ran her off.

I mean they could be just a bunch of men who think they're better but she may not have been a peach to work with, or maybe didn't take it as seriously.

I think you'll do great and you're very knowledgable and professional and I'm sure that in itself will have them respecting you.

GL

• Good luck! My last job I was the only girl in our immediate group with 15 men. I loved it! It was when I had to leave our little group and work with the mean women when I had problems. haha!

image Always Painted,Usually Chipped Disclaimer - This is not a nail polish blog.
  • good luck! when is the interview going to be? would DH move with you?
  • Thanks again everyone!

Cole and karebear, thanks for the words of advice / examples.  I'm used to being in male dominated environment so I am hoping my friend was just exaggerating.  Plus, like Cole said, you just don't know how difficult the woman herself behaved. 

Thor, the interview is this coming Tuesday and they offered to pay for my ticket, which is an even bigger bonus in my book.  

IF I get the job, H will follow me once our tenants' lease is up in August.  

• Good luck!  Always nice to have options, right?!

As far as the guy thing-- everyone's different, but personally I prefer working w/ and for men.  In my experience, what you see is what you get-- far less game playing and hidden agendas than the women I've worked w/ and/or for.  At least as a general rule.  

• GL!!! I prefer to work with men over women!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjPCxHZ/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wjPCxHZ/weight.png[/img]
    [/url]

Dx PCOS and MFI - morph 1%
    TTC #1 since 9/08
  • image chocoholicchick:

Thanks again everyone!

Cole and karebear, thanks for the words of advice / examples.  I'm used to being in male dominated environment so I am hoping my friend was just exaggerating.  Plus, like Cole said, you just don't know how difficult the woman herself behaved. 

Thor, the interview is this coming Tuesday and they offered to pay for my ticket, which is an even bigger bonus in my book.  

IF I get the job, H will follow me once our tenants' lease is up in August.  

You could be miserable but the person before you may not have been in the industry before, I know I have to be pretty assertive in my male dominated office but for the most part its not a problem.

GOOD LUCK!

• Sending good vibes your way! I'd definitely check it out! :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker BFP 4/15/12 - M/C @ 7W D&C 5/12/12