Atlanta Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

bears. beets. battlestar galactica.

Hit a bear in Georgia and you can take it home under a bill passed Thursday by the Legislature. The bill, which is headed to the governor for his signature, clarifies that people who run over and kill bears or deer to keep the animals instead of turning them over to the state Department ofNatural Resources. Sen. Don Thomas, R-Dalton, sponsored the bill after two bears were accidentally killed in his district.  While people will not have to notify DNR officials if they hit a deer, they will have to give notice within 48 hours if they hit a bear.  The Department of Natural Resources has typically mounted the bears and put them in museums, but Thomas says the agency does not need any more.

Re: bears. beets. battlestar galactica.

• I am so glad that our legislature spends time on matters of such importance to the constituents of GA. Really, its impressive.
  • mmmm, bear meat puts hair on your chest! oh, wait....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sounds like a fancy way to make bear and deer season all year round. Gotta love a redneck in a tie behind a shiny desk. 
  • nothing says "welcome to my lovely southern home" like a stuff bear in the foyer.

• image askmetostay:

nothing says "welcome to my lovely southern home" like a stuff bear in the foyer.

Yeah, you should let all of your preppy, pearl-lovin' blog friends know. ;o)

• image askmetostay:

nothing says "welcome to my lovely southern home" like a stuff bear in the foyer.

Only if it's a black bear. If you have a stuffed brown bear, that means you're in the North West.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just when I was thinking of adding a bear skin rug to my living room! Now I can run over one and keep it....
  • image mrsmozzarella:
    image askmetostay:

don't think i'm not already composing the post in my head...

it's a bear for crying out loud!! i love it.

• image askmetostay:
    image mrsmozzarella:
    image askmetostay:

"What could possibly scream southern charm any more than a cool glass of homemade iced tea on the verandaaaah, a Lily Pulitzer dress, monogrammed toilet paper, pearls and a pink and green headband? That's right, girls, a stuffed bear! Move over pineapple flag, taxidermy oozes class and Southern hospitality even more than 15 years of Southern Living subscriptions! Ask your Junior League about it!" 

• image mrsmozzarella:
    image askmetostay:
    image mrsmozzarella:
    image askmetostay:

"What could possibly scream southern charm any more than a cool glass of homemade iced tea on the verandaaaah, a Lily Pulitzer dress, monogrammed toilet paper, pearls and a pink and green headband? That's right, girls, a stuffed bear! Move over pineapple flag, taxidermy oozes class and Southern hospitality even more than 15 years of Southern Living subscriptions! Ask your Junior League about it!" 

HAHAHA! ::snort:: ::d.e.a.d::