Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

PR/BR: Chymes (& other GR moms)

I was lurking a few pages back and found the OB recommendations post.  I am recently in the market for an OB (see ticker!!).  I called two different practices: Dr. Klyn and Dr. LaGrand.  Dr. Klyn's secretarty was so weird to me, that after three phone calls, I just decided it wasn't a good fit.  Dr. LaGrand's office has been super nice and helpful and is willing to schedule a first appointment around week 8-9 or so.  I'm feeling pretty nervous about starting with a new OB that I've never met.   

Everyone: Did you ever find an OB that did "meet & greet" type of appointments?  How did you decide where to go?  Who do you see now?

Dr. LaGrand specific: Do they do their own ultrasounds or order them at another area of the hospital?  Do you have a feel for their 'philosophy' on pregnancy and delivery (ie: induction, c-sections, medication, etc..)  Do you feel they would be open to a birth plan that would include as much of a 'natural' environment as possible?  I am due really close to the holidays, and am wondering what they do for coverage if I were to deliver when he is not available?  Any idea about the Dr. Mrs. LaGrand?  When I called the office and asked to see Dr. LaGrand (non gender specific), they told me "He is in a practice by himself, so it takes awhle to get in..."  They have told me a couple of times that he is in a solo practice.  I thought they were a husband/wife team?

Thanks in advance!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: PR/BR: Chymes (& other GR moms)

• I'm one of Dr. Klyn's patients.  I'm sorry things were weird.  There are 4 other doctors in that practice, but I've never met any of them.  Although any of them could deliver Baby Rebel depending on when I go into labor and who is on call. 

My first appt with her was back in September for my yearly exam.  So we got business over with and then I was able to discuss our efforts to conceive.  She was awesome about sharing personal stories of her and her daughter.  I didn't feel rushed and felt good about dealing with her.  

• Oh, haha! I'm not a mom. Sorry. Far from it.

From what I understand of the LaGrands' arrangement at Advanced OBGYN, he does the baby stuff, and she does the annual exam/women's health stuff. I asked her about it one time and she said she just wasn't interested in getting into more of the OB stuff.

• Ha!  Sorry to make that assumption!  Thanks for answering though!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers