South Jersey Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bridal shower favors

I'm so burnt out from planning showers this last year :)  My sisters is this summer ( June or July).  At first I was going to make chocolate covered pretzel and wrap them real pretty with favor tags but considering there are 60 women and I'd wanna do 4 pretzels per person that might be a lot.   One of the bridesmaids suggested the bridal scratch off lottery tickets...what do you think of them as a favor?

I'm trying to keep the favors cost on the low end b/c I'd rather spend more on my sisters gift from the girls and I wanted to keep costs down for the BM's b/c a few are still in college... I'm looking to spend $1 per person.

So what do you think of those 2 ideas and if not do you have any other suggestions

Re: Bridal shower favors

• I think the lottery tickets are a really cute idea~if you attach a cute little tag to it(maybe hole punch at the top corner and use some pretty satin ribbon in the color scheme of the wedding) with maybe your sisters monogram(if she has one) or something saying "her name's shower" and then the date of the shower below it.  I also think there is a quote out there that has something to do with luck, love, etc. that you could put on the tag that would be cute too.Then people obviously know its the favor. It may be fun to have everyone scratch them while she's opening up her gifts to see if anyone won anything big.

• I did the lotto tickets for my wedding favors and they were a hit.  You can buy really cheap clear glassine envelopes that fit the ticket perfectly.  I designed something for the front and then printed them on my home printer on lables and put them on the front.  GOt little thank you stickers for the back and put a penny in each one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks!  I'm definetly gonna do the favor tag or envelope...where do they sell the envelopes and do most places sell the wedding lotto tickets?
  • Go to subwaystamp.com and click on the glassine envelopes.  I think the ones I used were 3 by 4, or something close to it?  Get a lotto ticket and measure it.

The "Matri Money" lotto ticket is sold for sure at the Shoprite in Mount Laurel on Union Mill Road (it is close to where I live).  I would call some local supermarkets until you find one rather than running around your area.

My wedding colors were Black, White and Fuschia with BW damask.  So, I used our monogram and did a color coordinated sticker that said "Lucky in Love" on the front with our mono, date, etc.  They were great.  The penny in the envelope worked out well too!  Good luck.

I like to tinker with graphic design, so if you want some help, let me know (for the labels/stickers)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like the idea!!!