Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

A perfect 1 year anniversary gift...?

Hi everyone! Our one year anniversary is next week and I was wondering if anyone had some good suggestions on the perfect gift. I have already made us a really nice wedding album and have done plenty with our wedding pictures, so I am trying to think of something else. Something untraditional, affordable or free, and that doesnt take too much time to prepare... but something he will love and that is meaningful. I am so busy in my Masters program I havent had much time to even think of any ideas. Thank you for any suggestions! 

Re: A perfect 1 year anniversary gift...?

• Congratulations on your first year :)

I'm going to give my husband a journal that I've been writing in since we got married.  When I think of something I love about him, or if we have a really good day, I put it in the journal.  

I think even with only a week to go you could do something similar.  Maybe you could write something for each day between now and then.  Then do a scavenger hunt for him.  The last hiding spot could feature something extra special.  My ideas would be: some sort of cake, lingerie (for you to then put on), or a movie to watch.

Hmmm... I might also use the scavenger hunt idea... 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know where you live, so the weather may not permit, but how about a nice walk on a nature trail?  It's free, quiet, and good for you.  Maybe finish with a picnic or dinner at your favorite greasy spoon?
  • Congrats on your anniversary!  I don't think it has to be something expensive or crazy, something just the two of you would be nice.  What about you guys cook a nice dinner together and dessert?  Rent a nice movie or go for a nice hike some where.
  • Since the traditional gift is paper, and we love doing the Sunday crossword, I bought DH the Sunday paper.

We're not that into gifts, though, as you can probably imagine Wink

• What an amazing idea!! Thank you so much! 
  • Thank you everyone for the great suggestions!! Im loving this site. So many great people with great ideas!
  • Since yr 1 is paper, I'm getting my husband's college diploma framed. He graduated 3 yrs ago, but never got it framed.