Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I know we've addressed this chick and blog before but...

2»

Re: I know we've addressed this chick and blog before but...

• What is the point of her blog? To document her shopping and "beauty" adventures? Wow. That is really captivating.
    11/11/11 = 5 years. Woah!
  • image Hezzerlah:
    Angie, I'm pretty sure those types of staches are referred to as "d*ck brooms". Please use the prefered nomenclature.

Are you trying to make me pee on myself while I bounce on the yoga ball? ARE YOU???

I'm so glad you're back.

image Ready to rumble.
  • D*ck Brooms are effing hilarious.
    We can be wet in pee together. I hate-peed on myself earlier.
  • I stress pee during temper tantrums.
  • image samfish2bcrab:
    call me insensitive, but why would this cause an uproar?   Should she cancel her vacation?  Tan?   And this would help haiti how?

I believe it is because of the way she blogged about it it could come off as insensitive to what is going on in Haiti? 

• image Jen&Joe06:

image samfish2bcrab:
    call me insensitive, but why would this cause an uproar?   Should she cancel her vacation?  Tan?   And this would help haiti how?

I believe it is because of the way she blogged about it it could come off as insensitive to what is going on in Haiti? 

I believe people were angry about the "transition" from asking others to "pray" for Haiti and then talking about her vacation prep.  It didn't really pop out at me as something to get heated about, but there are many on ML who dislike her, so they were ALL over it.

• image Jen&Joe06:

image samfish2bcrab:

I might have missed the uproar - was it just that one anonymous poster?

I don't think she did/said anything to cause much upset, but I found the "so ANYWAY! Bikini prep - wheee!!" transition kind of funny.

She is one of the most uninteresting people I have encountered.

image Guess who?
  • The segue (or lack thereof) is funny, but it's not like she said the earthquake is Haiti's punishment from God for giving Dubya cooties he had to wipe on Clinton's shirt or something.
  • image ftnups:

And sort of fascinating at the same time.

• image ChristinS:
    image ftnups:

Not really depending on where you live.  There's a veronatard on every corner here. 

• image BoxofCox:
    image ChristinS:
    image ftnups:

Not really depending on where you live.  There's a veronatard on every corner here. 

There's the boxofcox we know and love. I was getting worried by you liking stuff earlier.  

• I don't know that it is fake, I think it could be embellished though, like her breasts.
  • The comments add some information about the Hait-erade.

I find your first paragraph pretty amusing (read: hypocritical) since you said this on the f&b board yesterday...

"we already donate to so many local causes. I would definitely donate if it was at a store and they asked for an extra dollar or two for the recovery effort".

I'm sure your prayers, along with your spray tan, fresh mani/pedi, and week's worth of new bikinis, will do wonders for the recovery effort.

The makeup comment is just sad.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Oh Verona. I used to feel sorry for her until someone inquired on our local about joining a young professionals group that supported a theater group here in Houston.

Verona's response was something along the lines of "I personally choose to volunteer my time to children's health, cancer and animals...". 

BiItch please.

Confused

• I bought a mascara she recommended at it made me look like I have tarantulas on my eyes. 
  • Is it the one with those high-tech tubules or some crap?  I used that stuff one time and I thought my eyelashes were falling out when I washed my face that night.  That was freaky
  • Vickie, I now question your judgement.

• I know.  I should have known better.  But I have been trying to find a good mascara forever.   Shamwow, it was Loreal something or other with collagen. 
  • I've been using the Cover Girl Lash Blast crap. I'm amazed that for $6 it doesn't give me tarantula eyes.

• I'd like to order a Veronabrit/Allie throwdown with a pre-show match between Crazed Goose and SharkBear
  • i stick with the good ole fashioned maybelline. in the pink and green tube.
    Pregnancy Ticker Nathan Robert 12.18.08
  • image prettypinkypeonies:
    i stick with the good ole fashioned maybelline. in the pink and green tube.

YES! Best stuff ever.