Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

military ad campaigns

They're genius, for some reason I always get pumped whenever one comes on.

My husband always says "Yeah they need to be a little more accurate, show us cleaning Iraqi toilets and mowing the lawn" Then I make this face.

Hmm

Re: military ad campaigns

• Ha.  I love the Marine Corps commercials featuring the Silent Drill Platoon, but I am biased of course. 

However, I must admit that my husband and I laugh when advertisements for other services come on.  I mean no offense, but the cheesiness is just too much for us.

• I am a fan of the Marine and Coast Guard ads myself. I agree with you on the cheesiness.
  • The Air Force ones make us giggle.
  • Whew, I'm not alone!

I have similar reactions to local career college advertisements with cheesy testimonials.  "_____ College has changed my life!"  "I can't believe it!"  "Filing paperwork in a drab office makes me incredibly happy!"  "Just call 1-800-FAIRIESANDPUPPIESAREFALLINGFROMTHESKY!"

Sorry for the snark... Stick out tongue

• image JustLes:

Whew, I'm not alone!

I have similar reactions to local career college advertisements with cheesy testimonials.  "_____ College has changed my life!"  "I can't believe it!"  "Filing paperwork in a drab office makes me incredibly happy!"  "Just call 1-800-FAIRIESANDPUPPIESAREFALLINGFROMTHESKY!"

Sorry for the snark... Stick out tongue

lol I know. I have my degree, it is VERY specific. A 12 week course would have sufficed, instead I am now make less per year than I owe in student loans. Awesome.

• image Killer Cupcake:

image kbwifey:
    The Air Force ones make us giggle.

Every time I see an AF ad, I think of Halo. lol

I love the Silent Drill commercials too. The MC started advertising at my gym, so a commercial for the O program came up on the big screen while I was running last night. I was smiling like a dork through the whole thing. I probably looked ridiculous. lol 

I have either never seen an AF ad or I never paid attention.

• image Killer Cupcake:
    image getasweater:
    image Killer Cupcake:

image kbwifey:
    The Air Force ones make us giggle.

Every time I see an AF ad, I think of Halo. lol

I love the Silent Drill commercials too. The MC started advertising at my gym, so a commercial for the O program came up on the big screen while I was running last night. I was smiling like a dork through the whole thing. I probably looked ridiculous. lol 

I have either never seen an AF ad or I never paid attention.

Here's one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiB3vrhPDNs 

mmkay now I remember.

Yeah I was watching TV a little while ago and thought "Hey that movie looks good" and it was an AF ad.

• image Killer Cupcake:

haha

We watched this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izYAn7XDFys

and I thought that it was a commercial for the new Halo. I was wrong. lol 

I lol'd

• I am Captain So and So, and I am a Cyber Warrior. I don't need to go to the desert to fight a war.

Also, the MC O ones always make me think I should have gone to a fancier school. Berkeley! Virginia Tech! Dartmouth! CSUWhereStanGoes!

I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
  • image Killer Cupcake:
    image WishIcouldbeinthe'stan:

I am Captain So and So, and I am a Cyber Warrior. I don't need to go to the desert to fight a war.

Also, the MC O ones always make me think I should have gone to a fancier school. Berkeley! Virginia Tech! Dartmouth! CSUWhereStanGoes!

There was another ad for female O's in my magazine. I thought of you. I also had a fleeting thought of joining the MC after I graduate. lol 

I personally think (I think about this often for you) that you should go to grad school and join the Navy as a fancy shrink. But I bet you'd be a great Marine too.

I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
  • image Killer Cupcake:

I am Captain So and So, and I am a Cyber Warrior. I don't need to go to the desert to fight a war.

There was another ad for female O's in my magazine. I thought of you. I also had a fleeting thought of joining the MC after I graduate. lol 

You should. I TOTALLY would if they did medical, but it sounds like the MC does not offer what I want to do, so I suppose if I am going for it, it'll have to be Army for me.

• image getasweater:
    image Killer Cupcake:

You should. I TOTALLY would if they did medical, but it sounds like the MC does not offer what I want to do, so I suppose if I am going for it, it'll have to be Army for me.

Go NAVY! Beat Army!