Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

BOTB

March Madness has concluded -- congrats to all the new mommies!  Congrats also to carmeng on her BFP. Hugs and dust to everyone who is waiting and hoping.

PSA - for anyone who is planning to attend the meet the doula night at the Nurture Center, it is not on it's usual night this month.  It is Tuesday the 6th at 7 in the basement (entrance is on the backside of the shop). 

TTC: If you were on BC, how long after you stopped BC were your cycles normalized?

1st trimester: How are you handling the dietary restrictions? Is reducing/eliminating caffeine hard for you?

2nd trimester: What?s on your registry? Did you register for anything you don?t know if you?ll use? (and for those with babies already ? what was on your registry that you didn?t use or didn?t use often?)

3rd trimester: How did you build you maternity wardrobe, all at once or a piece at a time? At what store did you purchase your favorite and most used maternity clothing?

L&D: Once you were in labor, what kinds of things did you do to encourage progression, if any?

First days: Are/were you open to early visitors at home? If not, how soon will/did you allow visitors?

Updates:

Up next: April 2, 2010: danandkelly
April 25, 2010: KellyMRocks

Re: BOTB

• TTC: If you were on BC, how long after you stopped BC were your cycles normalized?

I was on the Pill for 10+ years. It took about 10 months for it to normalize.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• TTC: If you were on BC, how long after you stopped BC were your cycles normalized?

Immediately since I was on Mirena. 

1st trimester: How are you handling the dietary restrictions? Is reducing/eliminating caffeine hard for you?

I thought it would be harder than it was, but I really only missed a handful of things. 

2nd trimester: What?s on your registry? Did you register for anything you don?t know if you?ll use? (and for those with babies already ? what was on your registry that you didn?t use or didn?t use often?)

The bumbo...I really thought we would get more use out of it but EJ is not a big fan, he rather just sit on his own (on his glider or on the couch, and even now with just his boppy helping him sit up).  The swing was not useful until 2.5 months old. 

3rd trimester: How did you build you maternity wardrobe, all at once or a piece at a time? At what store did you purchase your favorite and most used maternity clothing?

Pieces as I went.  Gap is where all my tops came from and my jeans were from Bump Maternity. 

L&D: Once you were in labor, what kinds of things did you do to encourage progression, if any?

I didn't need to do anything until 8 when I stalled for 6 hours, then we just kept shifting my position and then we were stuck at 9.5 for several hours. 

First days: Are/were you open to early visitors at home? If not, how soon will/did you allow visitors?

We only let immediate family come visit at home the day after and then we took a short hiatus from visitors while we tried to gain some "normalcy"  

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the Congrats! I'm now 6 weeks and 1 day!!

TTC: I was off BC for about 2 years before we started TTC. BC was not good for me.

1st trimester: I'm doing very well with my eating - healthier that I've been in a long time. I have splurged a little though, I've been craving lots of Mexican food.  I'm not a coffee person so I don't have any issues with giving up caffeine. I actually gave up drinking anything but water and milk.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Angel Baby - 5/22/2010 @ 13 weeks. Always in our hearts.
  • Okay, I think I'm ready to ask to be added to the list :) Due 8/30/10, and it's a boy!

TTC: If you were on BC, how long after you stopped BC were your cycles normalized? - I don't have normal cycles, never have so they never normalized. Until I started IF treatments, really.

1st trimester: How are you handling the dietary restrictions? Is reducing/eliminating caffeine hard for you? I have caffiene in the form of a soda every morning for my brutal headaches so while it's far less than the 2-3 cups of coffee, it hasn't been an adjustment. First tri I didn't have the headaches and was able to stay away and decaf actually did satisfy that craving for me.

2nd trimester: What?s on your registry? Did you register for anything you don?t know if you?ll use? (and for those with babies already ? what was on your registry that you didn?t use or didn?t use often?)No registry for this one...and I was pretty meticulous about our registry the first time around (thank you baby bargains!) and didn't get anything we didn't use, to be honest.

3rd trimester: How did you build you maternity wardrobe, all at once or a piece at a time? At what store did you purchase your favorite and most used maternity clothing? This time, piece by piece. Last time, started out piece by piece and then I went on bedrest so my wardrobe wasn't a concern. I was lucky to have a bunch of hand me downs as loaners with my first, not so lucky with this one.

L&D: Once you were in labor, what kinds of things did you do to encourage progression, if any?I was lucky in that I progressed quickly on my own, even with an epi. It was the pushing that was brutal!

First days: Are/were you open to early visitors at home? If not, how soon will/did you allow visitors? We did, right away. And in hindsight, while we appreciated the visitors and wanted people to "meet" our daughter, I will not do that again - especially with 2 at home. It got to be too much, at least two visitors a day and while most didn't stay too long it still was draining in it's own way. And I also would start to flip out (on the inside) and want to scream, "Give me my baby!" because of course the visitors want to hold the baby and all that which was fine and dandy for a short period of time...then I'd actually miss her even though I was staring at her. I don't know what we'll do this time but we won't have an open door/house policy. People obviously called before they came over but it was too much. It was 2 weeks straight of visitors and I felt like we were stuck in the house waiting for guests all the time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1st trimester: yes - i only cut back to one cup of coffee a day but wish i could have more. this is the most lenient ive been with each pg.

2nd trimester: i did a private wish list but no registry.

3rd trimester: my mavi mat jeans have been the most used. LOVE them.

L&D: lots of walking

First days: they were there in the hosp and as soon as we got home.

Updates: feeling good. getting nervous about this delivery already. its my 3rd time but im so much less active and worried that that will make a difference in my labor. I need to 'up' my stamina to make it thru. I begged DH to walk with me after work more often. Now i just need to follow thru ... thats always hte hard part for me.

We're getting close/are close/are semi-almost-ready/there... to the TTC point...but I thought I would answer this since I started charting to avoid in November (wanted to go off BCP prior to TTC, would like to not go back on BCP after babies, etc). 

Anyway, I was on BCPs for about 14 years, and my first cycle off (and every one since) was like clockwork.  26-29 day cycle, O on CD 12-15.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • TTC: If you were on BC, how long after you stopped BC were your cycles normalized? N/A

1st trimester: How are you handling the dietary restrictions? Is reducing/eliminating caffeine hard for you? I drink one cup of coffee a day in the morning. Last time i had a hard time giving up wine this time its the coffee, I need it !

2nd trimester: What?s on your registry? Did you register for anything you don?t know if you?ll use? (and for those with babies already ? what was on your registry that you didn?t use or didn?t use often?) I registered for the basics, I think I really did use everything. If you have stairs get two bouncy seats, its a life saver. Invest in a good swing, I bought a crappy one and Logan never slept in it.

3rd trimester: How did you build you maternity wardrobe, all at once or a piece at a time? At what store did you purchase your favorite and most used maternity clothing? I bought alot of old navy stuff

L&D: Once you were in labor, what kinds of things did you do to encourage progression, if any? This is random, but I was talking to DH about labor last time over dinner, hot i know! and i said i was really sad that i didn't get to move around a lot. And DH kept telling me we walked the halls for hours before i got the epi. News to me, i didn't remember. So I guess I walked....

First days: Are/were you open to early visitors at home? If not, how soon will/did you allow visitors? We were very open to visitors, I don't feel like we were overwhelmed at all. I would do the same this time, I think it will help with Logan, he can have some one-one attention with friends/family.

Updates: Please add me to the list, due Nov 19

• TTC: If you were on BC, how long after you stopped BC were your cycles normalized?  Pretty quickly. I think I only had one cycle that was questionable. And it was only questionable because it lasted 35 days, not my normal 30 day cycles.

1st trimester: How are you handling the dietary restrictions? Is reducing/eliminating caffeine hard for you?  I had cut out all caffeine months, maybe even a year before we got PG, so the transition hasn't been that difficult.

We have decided that we aren't necessarily "trying" but we aren't avoiding anymore sooo...I guess I can answer now!

I was on BCP for about 7 years and went off in October.  I had 2 really long cycles in the beginning and have had a few wonky ones in between, but for the last 3 cycles, they've been like clockwork. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TTC: If you were on BC, how long after you stopped BC were your cycles normalized? My cycles were pretty regular length-wise right after stopping.  I had other issues with getting pregnant.

1st trimester: How are you handling the dietary restrictions? Is reducing/eliminating caffeine hard for you? Eliminating caffeine wasn't too bad, since I'd already been cutting back.  I do really miss sashimi!

2nd trimester: What?s on your registry? Did you register for anything you don?t know if you?ll use? (and for those with babies already ? what was on your registry that you didn?t use or didn?t use often?)  We just started our registry yesterday since we now know we're having a little boy!!!  We're registering for just about everything, since this is our first baby.  I'm sure I registered for things I probably won't use, but I'm not sure what they are yet!

Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • TTC: If you were on BC, how long after you stopped BC were your cycles normalized? I was on a non-estrogen pill, so my cycles were normal about a month after I stopped taking BC

1st trimester: How are you handling the dietary restrictions? Is reducing/eliminating caffeine hard for you? I haven't had any problems.  I didn't drink a lot of caffeine before my BFP so it was not hard to cut it out completely.

2nd trimester: What?s on your registry? Did you register for anything you don?t know if you?ll use? (and for those with babies already ? what was on your registry that you didn?t use or didn?t use often?) I haven't registered yet

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I stopped BC about 6 month before we started TTC in order to be comfortable with charting.  I normalized right away.  28-30 day cycles and O on CD 13-14. 

The only thing that I had trouble with was sushi.  I love, love, love sushi.  We used to have sushi at least once a week.  Now, I need to have a little bit of caffeine to keep my headaches at bay.  Strangely, I didn't drink it that often pre-pregnancy but just a half a cup of coffee every other day makes all the difference.  

Right now, we just have the basics on there.  I am waiting for Baby Bargains to arrive.  We are going in to finish our registry after we know the sex.  (Less than 4 weeks!) 

P.S. Hi Mary and Stef.  

Na

The GD diet took some getting used too. But the cafine was no big deal.

I did not register for anything but the basics. However we have been given some bouncer things and clothes from gererous family members. We will see if they are useful. 

On our small budget I had to get super creative. I found that ross had awsome maternity jeans in the clearence section for 7 bucks so I picked up several of those early on. I wear a lot of DH's shirts. I also picked up a very generous bag of maternity hand me downs and a serperate bag of larger clothes from free-cycle. Then I use safty pins, my sewing machine and broaches to make things work. My mom also sewed one work shirt for me that  is super cute. SO I guess it was a combo of bags of freebes and a few small purchases. 

Updates: I had my second growth u/s Monday she is measureing normaly!! I also start weekly nst on Friday.

Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

i don't really know. I got pregnant four months after going off, so I am going to say 3-4 months, because the others were varying lengths.  

I was already caffeine free, and also didn't eat most of the other things. I actually expanded my diet to include chicken, turkey, and dairy, so I got to eat more stuff than previously.  

I had registered for and received the Graco Sweetpeace soothing center. I was uber excited about it and my DD didn't like it at all. OH well. Maybe #2 will like it.  

I got some borrowed stuff and hand me downs, which was great. Then I added some work clothes, a little at a time, when I found things on sale. Then toward the end I had to buy a bunch of new stuff for summer for work, which sucked.  My fav store was Mom's the Word in Walnut Creek. Got my best stuff there.

I never progressed so no advice. Although I did my visualizations and relaxation exercises.  

I had a few visitors, closest friends, and parents. I didn't want to be bombarded right away. I think after a few weeks, more people started coming.  

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2ih6wxf.jpg[/IMG]
    <a href="http://www.tinyurl.com/43ujxm>">Married Bio</a>
  • My cycle went back to normal immediately after going off the pill. My cycles vary from 26-29 days. They only last 3 days but I never had an abnormally long cycle after stopping BCP's.
  • TTC: If you were on BC, how long after you stopped BC were your cycles normalized? I was on the pill for 8 years to normalize my AF. After I stopped the BC to TTC, my cycles were never really normal to begin with, so they didn't normalize.

• TTC: If you were on BC, how long after you stopped BC were your cycles normalized?about 15 yrs. It took awhile to normalize my cycles...about 6 mos. I am still spotting a few days before AF but it was nothing like as soon as I got off BC.
    TTC since June 2009
    DX: MFI June 2010 & DOR Sept 2011
    Various forms of medicated cycles since June 2010
    IVF #1 tentatively scheduled for 2013
    Doing acupuncture and focus on weight loss in the meantime

S/PAIF welcome

[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/33c5hxy.jpg[/IMG]
  • TTC: It took 1 cycle to normalize after removal of the Mirena

1st tri: I sort of ignored them until I was given the list by my doc.  For the most part, I did 'everything in moderation'

2nd tri: I didn't register for much.  Diaper service is really what I wanted.  I did register for an exersaucer which I don't know if we'll really use.  I also registered for some things that we won't use for a long time (solids)

3rd tri: I bought pretty much all at once when I moved to dresses.  I bought some dresses from Lane Bryant and some from ON.  I ended up with only one dress that said 'maternity' on the label

L&D: I tried to keep getting up to go to the bathroom...that did not make me very popular with my L&D nurses

1st days: my tolerance was really variable.  I asked people to call b4 they came over so I could tell them if we were up for visitors or not