Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Do you believe in astrology?

I've never been big into it, but it's kind of hard not to take it somewhat seriously when the descriptions of my sign are mostly so spot on. What do you think?

Re: Do you believe in astrology?

• I tend not to believe horoscopes much, since they seem to only apply sometimes (which, statistically, is probably to be expected).

But, I do think that maybe there's something to astrology in a broader sense. I know that, for me, I fit an awful lot of Scorpio traits. And I've had my chart done, and read descriptors of people born on my day, and have been amazed at how spot on they are. Of course, they don't encompass every trait I have. But in my specific chart/day descriptions I don't remember seeing anything that didn't apply at least a little.

Since you and I share a birthday, I wonder then if we share a lot more in common than we realize? Smile

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Most of it is fairly spot on, but I also have a lot of traits found predominantly in signs next to mine. (I'm a leo, but share cancer and virgo traits.)
  • NOPE! Not since taking an Astronomy class where I learned about the 13th sign, Ophiuchus. There are 13 constillations that the sun passes through in the sky. The sun passes though Ophiuchus in Nov-Dec which would throw the whole zodiac calendar off by a month. There are 12 lunar months so to make it even, ancient astrologers threw out the 13th sign, Ophiuchus!

A lot of people don't like to hear this information, especially those who believe in astrology

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little firecracker. Born on her due date,7/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker MarriedBio
  • image californiaborn:

NOPE! Not since taking an Astronomy class where I learned about the 13th sign, Ophiuchus. There are 13 constillations that the sun passes through in the sky. The sun passes though Ophiuchus in Nov-Dec which would throw the whole zodiac calendar off by a month. There are 12 lunar months so to make it even, ancient astrologers threw out the 13th sign, Ophiuchus!

A lot of people don't like to hear this information, especially those who believe in astrology

My husband just learned about this in class as well. Its weird, because I fit the Gemini description really well, but not the Taurus at all.

• image megan0071234:
    image californiaborn:

NOPE! Not since taking an Astronomy class where I learned about the 13th sign, Ophiuchus. There are 13 constillations that the sun passes through in the sky. The sun passes though Ophiuchus in Nov-Dec which would throw the whole zodiac calendar off by a month. There are 12 lunar months so to make it even, ancient astrologers threw out the 13th sign, Ophiuchus!

My husband just learned about this in class as well. Its weird, because I fit the Gemini description really well, but not the Taurus at all.

Same here... I don't fit as a Libra (which I'd be under sidereal astrology), but I do fit really well as a Scorpio.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Nope. It kind of seems like it's super general so everyone can somehow apply it to themselves. But I've never really been interested in them or taken them seriously, so I don't know about them too much. I don't even know my sign.
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/nn14z8.jpg[/IMG]