Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: don't yell at your kids

• love it

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • ha! It's true. I got screamed at my entire life, and it loses it's effect eventually. It has always been my plan to terrify my children via the scary lean in whisper. 
  • Great Parenting by Sam: an ongoing (prob 25 years?) study

1.   it's okay to take parenting advice from cartoons on the Internets.

• Worked with me. So much scarier.
    image Josephine is 4.
  • I imagine I might be scared by Lanie's lean & whisper.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • image lindsayll:
    I imagine I might be scared by Lanie's lean & whisper.

Josephine is. :) I also like it because I can do it with a smile so no one knows I am threatening to drop her off at the pawn shop on the way home.

image Josephine is 4.
  • My mother did this wit ha smile on her face and it scared the bejeebus out of me every.time. My fatehr would yell and I would just stare at him.  My mother was much more evil in punishments than my father was.
  • This is totally going to be me. Hissing at my kids.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • My mom didn't whisper, but she'd lean in real close and drop her voice about an octave and it scared the bejeezus out of me. "Don't....you....ever do that again."

• image noisy_penguin:
    My mom didn't whisper, but she'd lean in real close and drop her voice about an octave and it scared the bejeezus out of me. "Don't....you....ever do that again."

YES! I'm working on getting that exact expression right now.

Then Joey normally says "Mommy? I good girl!" :( And then I melt. I have to work on melting slowly, not so quickly. But those eyes...

image Josephine is 4.
  • My mom was the master at this!

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • for public lashings, my mother liked to grab my arm, then dig her fingernails in. It was like getting to beat your kid in public, while no one was the wiser.  Lucky for Liza, I'm a nail biter.
  • Blue eyes! Holy crap Meegs, Gwen is a cutie.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • When I try using my stern, authoritative voice, both my son and husband laugh at me.  I fear that when I really need to punish, my voice will hit a high note that only a dog would respond to.

I must adopt this if I have any hope of controlling by child...and husband.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic