Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Why knowing how to build boats can pay off.

What RI is looking like...

For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.

Re: Why knowing how to build boats can pay off.

• It's really amazing, isn't it?  Half the people in my office are stuck on the highway right now.  I don't even know why they're trying to get here.

Yesterday Fran said he was grateful his office is at a marina in case the harbor swamped him in completely -- at least he could get on one of the boats to get to shore.

• I was wondering about you guys. How's your house?
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • It's crazy. Are either of you flooded?
    DSC_0768
    Claire Elizabeth 12/31/2011
    Married Bio
  • it's awful, I heard the closed the exits into and out of TF Green airport too. 

There's a road near my house that is closed, I get nasty looks from the police officers when I go through their cones and barrel road blocks.

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/fc6xeb.jpg[/IMG]
  • I am working from home - I have no interest in driving if I don't have too.

My house is fine, which is kind of amazing since I live on a peninsula and am at sea level. Kay, you are good to, yes? Trying to get anywhere is the biggest issue.

• Our house is fine, and I could get in to Providence OK since we live east of the city and the worst flooding is to the south and north.  We live at the top of a hill, but some of the houses around us had their driveways wash completely away.

You are lucky Angie.  Are you in Warwick?

• Yeah, in the neck. The whole not showering or toilet flushing is not working out for me.
  • Holy crap!   Is it supposed to get worse?
  • The Pawtuxet River is more than twice its flood stage, and I think it's not supposed to crest until some time later today.

My condolences on the no showering or flushing Angie.  One of our secretaries is from Warwick and just made it in to the office after a roundabout trip.  We've told her to stay away from everyone since she couldn't shower this morning. 

CRAZY.

I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • Dang!  I'm glad your houses are safe at least.  That's insane

And that picture Bethie posted looks like something out of a movie

• It's about time RI became a real island.  I hope you have water wings for your doggies.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Holy crap! I'm glad you guys are all safe and dry, even if Angie is stinky.

• God, that is horrible.  You should try and sell your boats using a price gouging method.  You know, like Home Depot does here w/ generators during hurricane season.
  • I was wondering how you were doing over there!  I take the train in to Boston every day, and we couldn't get to Providence yesterday because of a landslide that covered the Amtrak tracks in NK yesterday.  My husband was called in to work and said that half the roads were closed and it was like Independence Day. 

Sorry about not showering.  Take a bath outside with the ducks!

• Whoa.  I can't see Angie's pictures but Bob's is insane.  Not showering is bad enough, but I'm sure I couldn't deal with the flushing.

Be careful and keep a snorkel on hand, dudes.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • You can always fill the tank with rain water if you want to flush. We used water from the pool to flush after Katrina. 
  • image buddhagouda:
    You can always fill the tank with rain water if you want to flush. We used water from the pool to flush after Katrina. 

I was assuming the not flushing thing was because they didn't want excess water to go to drainage.  But if it's an availability issue, yes, get a bucket and fill it up outside.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • The problem is the sewer pumping stations are under water and can't handle any flushing.  No matter how you flush, you risk raw sewage backing up into your house.  It's the one time I'm grateful my town doesn't have sewers.

• Oh well, if that is the case definitely ignore me and DO NOT FLUSH. 
  • Wait, Rhode Island isn't a real island? God, I am so ignorant about New England.

Good luck and be safe, guys.

The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.