Caribbean Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Re: Hello Kitty is pushing it

• I wouldn't buy wine with Hello Kitty on it, but maybe my toddler would.  Oh wait, she eats money, so no worries about her skipping out to buy a magnum.

Seriously, bad marketing, but not for the reasons they think.

• Parents are idiots.  I think this will probably do well for a minute.  I'm sure there are a handful of women out there who will be having 'hello kitty' themed showers or weddings or whatever, and what better to serve than hello kitty wine.  Blech.

And they already make Hello Kitty Vibrators, so the children are already ruined.

As a kid, I used to beg my mom to buy Crown Royal becasue it came with the blue velvet bag I could keep my he-man weapons in.  I never even thought about drinking it because my parents were not worthless, therefore I knew better.

3 out of 4 dead babies agree! pepsi is better than coke! - EdithBouvierBeale
    Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • I cannot beleive there are adults who actually have Hello Kitty things.  It bottles my mind.

Ito used to store things in crown royal bag, and strangely enough, it is my favorite rye now.   Coincidence, maybe.

• image GroomzMcFinehiney:

As a kid, I used to beg my mom to buy Crown Royal becasue it came with the blue velvet bag I could keep my he-man weapons in.  I never even thought about drinking it because my parents were not worthless, therefore I knew better.

I find this utterly adorable.  I want moar L'il McFinehiney stories.

"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • I've got one more for you Cali:

When I was a kid (my mother would tell this story, I don't remember it myself, so I must have been pretty young) any time a decision was made by flipping a coin, I would choose offices.  'Lil McFinehiney, in his infinite wisdom, realized that a penny had 2 sides, and one side had a head on it.  The other side did not have a tail on it, it had an office (I guess to me, the lincoln memorial looked like an office building) and I would not be tricked into choosing tails when there was not, in fact, a picture of a tail on the penny.

3 out of 4 dead babies agree! pepsi is better than coke! - EdithBouvierBeale
    Lordy. Grow some balls and stop lurking. It's like stealing from the internet. Jesuschrist. -- AudreyHorne
    I hate love and marriage. I got married so I could destroy these things from the inside. - NoisyPenguin
    It's a good thing my circle of trust is as giant as my vagina. That only leaves a couple people out. - Cali
  • I'm dying of your cuteness.  I want a L'il McFinehiney of my very own.  I wonder if PDXdria can clone you for me?
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton