International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

London day trips?

What are some of your favourites? I need some inspiration.

I've done Windsor and Hampton Court and am looking for something similarish... like not more than 45 mins on the train. Something for purely the day and can be back early evening.

Any thoughts?

Re: London day trips?

• Brighton was always my favourite day trip from London. Not sure how far it is on the train - might be more like an hour though.
  • Ah yes, I love Brighton too but have been there loads lately!
  • Here's a few suggestions:

http://www.beenthere-donethat.org.uk/londondaytrips.html

Depends on what you're into I think.

ETA: You could always take the train to Bicester for the fab shopping there. My favourite outlet centre ever. Agent Provocateur, Jimmy Choo etc...

• ooh am liking that site - thanks!!

I'd really love to go on a nice country walk (complete with country pubs!) but fear of rain has me looking for something a little less risky...

• I see goretex in your future. If you ever come up north, we have a cupboard full of coats that people can borrow, and wellies. We're country folk like that :)
  • I love it!! Am on the hunt for some wellies - not that I actually have anywhere to wear them to... yet anyways..
  • Windsor/Eton is pretty to walk around.

ETA: sorry, just saw you'd already been to Windsor!

• imagelaurimi:
    I love it!! Am on the hunt for some wellies - not that I actually have anywhere to wear them to... yet anyways..

Hunter wellies are the be all and end all. I'll be taking mine to Glasto this year.

• ::BIP::

That link is great! I'm bookmarking it now!

Do ya'll were the different color Hunter's over there?

I see all the fun colors a lot in the states when people pull them out for the rain and I've been lusting over some, but with no job soon I just can't justify it, but oh want some!!

• you don't see them so much in the city (obviously) but I saw all the plain colours a lot in the country... there are so many though - I think Jimmy Choo even did a range! The fancier styles are BIG at summer festivals!!
  • Mine are glossy grey, because they go with everything and being ?60, I don't want them stolen at Glasto.

Thinking of getting a red pair as well, but it's completely unnecessary.

• imageVegemiteWife:

Mine are glossy grey, because they go with everything and being ?60, I don't want them stolen at Glasto.

Oh they're only ?60 there?! They're $115 here...but I guess that evens out with the exchange rate...too bad the dollar isn't stronger!

• imagetxtechgal:
    imageVegemiteWife:

Mine are glossy grey, because they go with everything and being ?60, I don't want them stolen at Glasto.

Oh they're only ?60 there?! They're $115 here...but I guess that evens out with the exchange rate...too bad the dollar isn't stronger!

You can get lots of different types, not just colours, so the type will depend on what you pay for them. I spent ?90 on DH's Hunters. Different lining or something in his.

• I think they're probably generally cheaper here as they as British. Save up and invest while you're here!!

On my wish list is a glossy black pair that are have a lizard-skin texture!!

• Colchester?

I was there for Easter once with a friend. She lived in this house which they pointed out was older than our country. We walked around town. They have the oldest? Roman city wall in England. The castle was also pretty cool.

ETA: Sorry, its about 50 minutes on the train.