Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

POLL: PBS Personal Messages

Do you send a "thank you" after receiving a book?
[Poll]
image Emily 7-10-04
My Food Blog Visit The Nest!

Re: POLL: PBS Personal Messages

• So I admit---I tend to find it annoying---especially because it goes to your email.

Now, I am all for etiquette and being polite. I always write thank you notes, etc... but I really do find it annoying when all it says is "thanks". Am I totally rude? And I really don't keep a mental note of who has said thank you on PBS.

I do occasionally write something when I have something more to say---like "thanks so much, I've been REALLY wanting to read this book and am so excited to get it." or whatever....

image Emily 7-10-04
  • I usually do.  Maybe it is because I don't send out *that* many books (only about 1 a week or so), so I kind of like getting the messages back.  If I swapped a ton, I'm sure I might find it annoying.

I wish, though, that PBS would include the personal message in the e-mail.  Facebook does that, so when I have a message, I don't have to actually log into Facebook to read it.

My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • i'm with JillRock.  i love that feature of Facebook.  PBS totally needs to do that.  i used to send a PM saying thanks for almost every book.  now i usually only leave a message if i'm really excited about the book, or if i got it from a nestie Smile
  • image JillRock96:

I usually do.  Maybe it is because I don't send out *that* many books (only about 1 a week or so), so I kind of like getting the messages back.  If I swapped a ton, I'm sure I might find it annoying.

I wish, though, that PBS would include the personal message in the e-mail.  Facebook does that, so when I have a message, I don't have to actually log into Facebook to read it.

I agree---this would be much better! Or at least don't send me an email.

I think part of the reason I don't like it is because for some reason PBS always shuts down my IE when I am at work. Frustrating.  

image Emily 7-10-04
  • image Emily227:

I do occasionally write something when I have something more to say---like "thanks so much, I've been REALLY wanting to read this book and am so excited to get it." or whatever....

I remember you mentioning this before so I either don't say anything or I try to send a longer message.  Like what you mentioned above.  I appreciate it when people thank me but it is a bit of a pain to log in just to see thanks.  It would be nice if PBS could just email us the message.

imageimageimage
  • I always send a thank you.  In my mind, it's common courtesy, but that's just me.  That said, I do appreciate it when someone sends a note when I send a book - I don't care if it "clogs" my email.  I think it's nice.

• Ditto Chief LaLa: I appreciate it when people take the time to say 'thanks'...it's always nice to feel like the book (and the time you spend mailing it) is appreciated so I try to return the favor when someone sends me a book. It never crossed my mind that other PBSers would find it annoying... =(
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker