Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Depo Question

For those of you that have been on depo and gained weight did you find that when you changed back to a pill that you were able to lose the weight or even lose weight better? I am changing back to the pill from depo. I was a 6 month trip and was unable to fill my prescription so I was put on depo. I gained about 15 pounds not happeyCrying but am looking forward to taking it back off.

Thanks to any answer i get.

Re: Depo Question

• I gained about 20lbs on the depo. ugh I was not happy either. I just had my last shot a week and a half ago but since then have gotten an IUD because I can't take the pills. I am hoping to be able to lose this weight fairly quickly!
  • In my experience with depo you don't really start to lose that quick. However, all your cravings and hunger go away when your done with depo so that can help when trying to take it all back off.
  • Thanks ladies that is helpful to know.
  • don't know if this will help, but when I was on depo I didn't gain weight but became, to put it mildly...insane, and had terrible spotting...afterward, I went on the pill and my period came back but then stopped for 8 months.  I actually gained weight after I got off all birth control, which helped me start menstruating again (I think that had to do with becoming legal drinking age w/in that time frame, lol).
  • I was on depo for a year or so in college, the weight was a pain to get off. Realistically it took about 7 years, and only once I got very serious about my diet (exercise kind of helped but diet really shed it).

I was glad the drastic mood swings went away though...