BNOTB
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Why I love BNOTB

Okay so I also posted my birthday party question (See post titled irritated) on the local board and granted I did ask if I was being a biotch but here's one of the responses I got.

"Sorry, I think you're being a b!tch. Sure, I'd be annoyed, but it's your birthday, not your wedding. Babysitters are super expensive. "

Too funny... I guess I just don't understand because I don't have to pay to leave my dog at home.  : )  One more reason dogs are great!

Re: Why I love BNOTB

• That's why you shouldn't stray
    BNOTB is the Best Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I am new here but have learned my lesson.  Baby people just think differently than non baby people.  : )
  • Who the hell is she paying to watch her kid? I got payed 2 bucks a kid an hour. Most of the time your watching them in the evening they're asleep.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hyfa, my brother pays the babysitter $20/hr in Fairfax, VA.  that's apparently the going rate there.  So a 5 hour night out to dinner and a movie will tack on an extra $100 a night.  Indifferent
  • I thought the problem was that she couldn't get a babysitter, anyway, not that she couldn't afford one. And considering she knew about the party a while ago, I can understand the irritation.
  • image blueyezz74:
    Hyfa, my brother pays the babysitter $20/hr in Fairfax, VA.  that's apparently the going rate there.  So a 5 hour night out to dinner and a movie will tack on an extra $100 a night.  Indifferent

OMG that's ridiculous. I think I'd much prefer my little bumpkins girls that will settle for $2 an hour in exchange for cleaning me out of pop tarts.

Maybe I should go into babysitting full-time.

• image Hyfagal:

image blueyezz74:
    Hyfa, my brother pays the babysitter $20/hr in Fairfax, VA.  that's apparently the going rate there.  So a 5 hour night out to dinner and a movie will tack on an extra $100 a night.  Indifferent

OMG that's ridiculous. I think I'd much prefer my little bumpkins girls that will settle for $2 an hour in exchange for cleaning me out of pop tarts.

Maybe I should go into babysitting full-time.

When  was down there last summer, they got a baby sitter so that we could go out to dinner.  When dinner was almost done, the babysitter called.  She couldn't stop my niece from crying.  We had to quickly finish eating, pay and leave.  For that kind of money, I would think she'd have a better handle on things.  My niece hardly ever cries.

• Holy crap! I think I used to get a $1 an hour, if that, when I used to babysit in junior high.

Of course, that was approx. 500 years ago too, LOL.  Babysitting actually was what made me realize how much I despised rugrats and knew I didn't want any of my own. Who knew? Wink 

• She was probably traumatized after seeing this girl rape her father's wallet.

• Yes, the excuse what that they couldn't get a babysitter.  An excuse... to me.  Especially, when these friends in - laws are ALWAYS willing to watch the babies.  Oh well... if they didn't want to come they should have just said that in JULY.  I am done posting these ?'s to my local board.  Apparently, because I am over 12 years old I am NOT allowed to have a bday party and invite friends to it. Oh, Oh, Oh.. and then be disapointed when those friends who said they'd come now change their mind for lame ass reasons.

Thanks for the vent.