Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

FIL is getting married...

and I don't know what to get them as a gift.  I don't have very much money and I dont' have very much time.

Any ideas?

TIA.

Re: FIL is getting married...

• Our fall back wedding gift is Betty Crocker NewlyWed Edition cookbook plus cute measuring cups/spoons/ kitchen things.  It can be anywhere from $25-$100 depending on what you add with it. 

Photo frames for wedding pictures

Gift certificate for movie tickets, plus add popcorn, two cokes, licorice, and jr.mints for a "going to the movies" basket.  You could add a DVD or two instead of tickets.

Omaha steaks or a bottle of wine/ champagne or nice chocolates.

Candles & throw blanket monogrammed with their initials

Since he most likely has everything he needs, I think you would be safe with food or drink- and probably don't have to do anything too formal.

• I don't know what "not that much money" means - but if you have $50 you can get them a gift card for a moderately priced restaurant near where they live so they can go out to dinner.

A nice frame for a photo of the two of them.

A big bowl, a couple of packages of microwave popcorn and twizzlers, and a g.c. for netflix (I think you can get a 1-2 month subscription).

If it's your FIL.........does dh have any ideas? 

• If you scrapbook, I made my in-laws an album after they treated us to a trip to Hawaii and they loved it.  It was super cheap and easy to do, also......

You could also make a Shutterfly or Mypublisher book of family photos.,....google coupon codes and you can usually get two for the price of one so you can have one, too!

• First, are they registered anywhere?  I loved all the gifts I got off of my registry.  I know it is the easy way out.

A photo album is a great idea too.  It doesn't take a lot of time/money/effort, but shows that you care.

• An excellent bottle of champagne and two toasting glasses.