D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dog training in Arlington/Alexandria?

We'd like to take one or both of our dogs to obedience training.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

I love my life.
imageimageimage
Total workouts from 2006-2009: 33 Total workouts in 2010: 100
Goal 2011: Work out 10+ times/month every month.
2011 totals: 223 days, 281 workouts, 249 yoga classes
2011 Goal Progress Breakdown (Updated 10/4)

Re: Dog training in Arlington/Alexandria?

• Someone recommended Dogs' Paws 'n Cats' Claws to me and we have started taking our dog to classes there. The classes are actually run through Rudy's Friends, but at DPCC.  They are great; check them out.  http://www.dpncc.com/DPnCC/Home.html 

They are also, to me, reasonably affordable. The 7 week class is about $170.

• I LOVED Woofs!  It is based in Arlington.  We had a great experience there with our dog.  We actually took two different classes and loved both instructors.  
  • I would second the Woofs suggestion. We were very happy with the class we took.
  • Third WOOFS! :)
    carrie ~ me-at-carrie.cc ~ 4/21/2007
    * blog * first baby blog * baby 2.0 blog * twitter *

IMG_0578

• Also check out classes through the city/county.  Often, local popular trainers work through them.  
  • We did training/obedience classes for our dog through Arlington County.  The instructor was a former police K-9 unit trainer and handler, and he was awesome with the dogs -- and he taught the whole class without the use of treats, and our dog learned A LOT.  The classes are a lot cheaper than a private business like Dog Paws (don't get me started on that company...), Woofs, and others -- we paid about $80 for 8 classes throught the county.
  • imageMrs.ALG1125:
    We did training/obedience classes for our dog through Arlington County.  The instructor was a former police K-9 unit trainer and handler, and he was awesome with the dogs -- and he taught the whole class without the use of treats, and our dog learned A LOT.  The classes are a lot cheaper than a private business like Dog Paws (don't get me started on that company...), Woofs, and others -- we paid about $80 for 8 classes throught the county.

Please do get started. I'm sincerely curious. What don't you like about Dog Paws? My interaction with them has been very limited as I mostly deal with Rudy's Friends, but I haven't noticed anything flame-worthy.