Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I lost 4 lbs in 3 hours

on my 21.7 mile run today....NOT GOOD!  I reeeeally need to invest in one of those fuel belts with more than one water bottle... I was feeling pretty dehydrated by the end!
Food Blog: Cate's World Kitchen
Ellie Jane - 9/12/11
Post-partum races!
11/6 - Kennedy Drive 8K: 36:27 (7:20 pace)
12/4 - North Face Trail Half Marathon: 2:10 (9:27 pace)
12/11 - Arts and Sciences 5K: 21:56 (7:03 pace)
1/8 - Golden Gate Park 10K: 44:30 (7:09 pace) PR!
1/22 - Waterfront 5K: 20:54 (6:43 pace) PR!

Re: I lost 4 lbs in 3 hours

• Gasp! Oh no! Besides the dehydration part - how was the run? You just amaze me with your long runs and training!
  • YIKES! Do you have parks/schools/churches/outdoor shopping malls you run by? They usually have water fountains also.

How is your knee holding up?

imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Christina_Diane:

YIKES! Do you have parks/schools/churches/outdoor shopping malls you run by? They usually have water fountains also.

How is your knee holding up?

My knee has been PERFECT! I can't believe it...I totally lucked out.

I was actually thinking about you on the run...it would have been so fun to meet for the expo or something!  There's a good chance we're moving down to the Long Beach area soon though, so maybe next year we can run together!

Food Blog: Cate's World Kitchen
    Ellie Jane - 9/12/11
    Post-partum races!
    11/6 - Kennedy Drive 8K: 36:27 (7:20 pace)
    12/4 - North Face Trail Half Marathon: 2:10 (9:27 pace)
    12/11 - Arts and Sciences 5K: 21:56 (7:03 pace)
    1/8 - Golden Gate Park 10K: 44:30 (7:09 pace) PR!
    1/22 - Waterfront 5K: 20:54 (6:43 pace) PR!
  • Eeek! Eat girl eat!! When I first read your post I thought you said you did a 27 mile training run and no wonder you lost 4 pounds and that would be a really, really fast 27 mile training run!!!
  • Holy wow....I can not even fathom running for 3 hours! Good job and I second a bigger fuel belt.
    Took 2 years & 8 months to make our baby! Lilypie First Birthday tickers