September 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Now that it's had the day to sink in...

I know I kind of posted and ran, I was with my mom all day. I'm feeling a little better about the job situation. It's not like the last time in 2008 when I was let go from a job that I loved. I don't agree with the way they let people go...understand it, but don't like it...I'm really upset that I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to any of the people I worked with for the last 10 months, and that my supervisor didn't even have the decency to tell me I was being let go last night before I left. Now I have to go back sometime during the next week and return my key fob. That wont be awkward Indifferent

Regardless, new doors will open and it'll be fine, but the timing sucks. Of course, there is never a good time for this kind of thing. The plus side is I can catch up on homework, finally get some good rest, spend time with my family and friends, and hopefully find a job with better hours and a better environment. That place was such a drain on my whole mood. Even when I wasn't there, I was thinking about when I had to go back. I had never felt so unappreciated and worthless in my life, and I don't need to help the productivity of a place like that. So screw 'em!

Thank you all for being so supportive today. I love you ladies and am so happy I can turn to you when life throws its curve balls.

And happy birthday, Kasi!

[color=brown]~Started a new chapter on my own 05/11~[/color]

Re: Now that it's had the day to sink in...

• ::Hugs:: to you Megan.  You actually sound relieved in your post to not have to work there anymore like it's a huge weight lifted off your shoulders.  I think that's a good thing.  I know you'll find a fabulous new job that treats you like a person and not an employee #.  I hope it's one with room to grow once you finish school!
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • Aww Megan, Im glad you have a good attitude.  What happened to the job with your moms company?  I think you posted about it a few months ago.  I hope you find something better and they will appreciate you more.  Sending you a hug from good ole Baltimore.