Starting Over
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Confession...

I really want an HPR tattoo, but I don't know what. I've thought about getting one of the pictures at the beginning of the chapters, but all of my favorite chapters have lame pictures (King's Cross is one of my favorite chapters, but I would not want the picture that goes with that tattooed on me). I'm also not sure I want it to be so OMGSHEHASAHARRYPOTTERTATTOO so I'm trying to find something subtle.

My problem is I have a rule that I have to sit on something for at least six months, preferably a year, before I get it to make sure I won't change my mind. 

Every time I tell a non-HPer about my desire for an HP tattoo, they look at me like I'm crazy.

So, what do you think...am I crazy or awesome? This series has just meant so much to me that I would love a little symbol or something of it. 

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/34pclz7.png[/IMG]

Re: Confession...

• I think as long as it's not an OMGSHEHASAHARRYPOTTERTATTOO tattoo then it's OK.

If I got a HPR tattoo I would so get Hedwig. Besides loving Hedwig because it's Hedwig and she's awesome, I love owls ever since I worked with them and I have a slight owl obsession. 

• Just put it in a place not normally exposed to people and you should be fine.  You could do something as esoteric as the Deathly Hallows symbol, a green lightning bolt, or a Snitch and most people probably won't recognize what it symbolizes.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• you mean you don't want harry, hermione and ron's faces tatooed across your back? :)

i think it's a good idea. it's something meaningful, not like it's barbed wire or something. i think a snitch would be cool. 

• What if you did some play on King's Cross like a crown and a cross? Ok that sounds silly now that I typed it out....  You'd know what it was symbolizing, though. Or you could do 9 3/4.  

• I was thinking I would love to do a representation of my patronus animal (like an ethereal tattoo in blues and whites), but I have no idea what animal to choose. I don't want to rely on an online quiz, and then I always end up with something lame like "porcupine," lol. 
  • Get a snitch on your snatch.
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image everam01:
    Get a snitch on your snatch.

DONE. I'm booking the appointment right now. I'll make sure it says, "I open at the close." 

• What animal do you most identify with?

• image bnlchic03:

image everam01:

DONE. I'm booking the appointment right now. I'll make sure it says, "I open at the close." 

::dead::

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage

• I'll tell you what I would get if I were brave and got tattoos:

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage

• image 84Lauren:
    image bnlchic03:

image everam01:

::dead::

ditto. that is f'ing hysterical. i would pay someone money if they were willing to do that! 

• image bnlchic03:

image everam01:

this is awesome

• image bnlchic03:

image everam01:

I am crying.

image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image RevJen:
    What animal do you most identify with?

LOL, I have no idea! If I knew, I would have all my problems solved...

I've wanted to get a phoenix for a really long time, unrelated to HP, but I could bring the HP element in and just get Fawkes. 

Maybe I'll just get CHAMBER OF SECRETS tattooed above my who-ha. That might be cheaper than the snitch, plus then I won't have to explain what a "snitch" is to a tattoo artist, who might end up drawing something that looks like a gold testicle with wings. 

• image bnlchic03:

image RevJen:
    What animal do you most identify with?

LOL, I have no idea! If I knew, I would have all my problems solved...

I've wanted to get a phoenix for a really long time, unrelated to HP, but I could bring the HP element in and just get Fawkes. 

Maybe I'll just get CHAMBER OF SECRETS tattooed above my who-ha. That might be cheaper than the snitch, plus then I won't have to explain what a "snitch" is to a tattoo artist, who might end up drawing something that looks like a gold testicle with wings

LOL

• 5 stars!! This thread is so made of win!!

Honestly, the best one I ever saw and thought 'that is actually really cool' was the white ink one that said 'I solemnly swear I am up to no good.' I think it was on the person's foot?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • get a quote that you like from the books.

I mean I love the snitch on the snach idea that is effing aweseome! Stick out tongue

• We need a sixth star for this post.  Crying with laughter.

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage

• image bnlchic03:

image everam01:

This is the best thing I have EVER heard!!!! LOL!!!!

Some HP tattoo ideas: The Hogwarts crest, A key with wings, "I solemnly swear the I'm up to no good", Fawkes, A time-turner, A bottle of Felix Felicis, A silver doe, A hippogriff, a dragron (a hungarian horntail).......

Marshmallow
  • This wins the post of the year
  • Best HP post ever!!  Yes
    imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
  • I'm dying over here!!!!! How funny.... Yes
  • I was laughing so hard I was crying when I read this thread!

I've been saying for a few years now that I was going to get an "I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good." and "Mischief managed. " tattoo.  But, I still don't know where I want it. 

My oldest nephew (he's 19) was thinking about getting "I must not tell lies" in white ink on his hand.  But he decided not to.

I love the patronas tattoo idea. 

There is something about this one that I really like.  I don't think I would get those spells but it is still kind of awesome!

Like this, too.