International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Sort of turned into a vent... needed a listening ear

Hey ladies, 

I am seriously having a week of highs and lows.  I had the whole invite issue with the wrong email address.  I have emailed a bunch of guest trying to correct it, but am stressing that some people will RSVP and I will not get it. On top of that, several people in my charity want to put their two cents in about everything -- ask the CEO.  I am doing the work, but its her guest list. Stop saying to me... oh, I can't believe so and so is invited b/c CEO got in a fight with them eight years ago.  1.  How would I know that, and 2, I don't care and why does it matter.

Furthermore, we are suppose to be going on a holiday leaving Thursday to go to the Alps for four days to ski and celebrate DH 30th birthday... well its been 4 weeks and his passport is MIA.  He was getting it renewed.  Great.  He tried all day to call, and finally emailed requesting an emergency passport.  I told him to take care of his in early January, but no he waited until Feb 1.  We have non-refundable tickets and I'm not sure about the hotel either.  I hope if the passport in MIA our travel insurance will cover it.

Even more, I feel so far behind our goals and mainly b/c we moved overseas.  We stopped contributing to retirement for nearly three years and we are finally back on track, but I go over to MM on the nest and feel depressed.  I want to have kids, but have no idea when the right time is because now I keep thinking we need to have X in retirement, X saved for a DP, X in an efund.

I just wish things were easier.  I guess I don't actually wish we were in the States, it just feels like everything would be easier.  I guess the grass is always greener, hun.  

Oh, and to top it off, my best friend who just returned from a week's holiday in St Thomas (she lives in the US) is now mad at me for some reason... who knows.

Thanks, I think I really needed a listening (reading) ear (eye)!!!

How do you get yourself out of a funk? 

International Nesties June Siggy Challenge: Place I would like to visit.... Dead Sea, Jordan! Only a few more months!

Re: Sort of turned into a vent... needed a listening ear

• image Mrs. DRJ:

Hey ladies, 

I am seriously having a week of highs and lows.  I had the whole invite issue with the wrong email address.  I have emailed a bunch of guest trying to correct it, but am stressing that some people will RSVP and I will not get it. On top of that, several people in my charity want to put their two cents in about everything -- ask the CEO.  I am doing the work, but its her guest list. Stop saying to me... oh, I can't believe so and so is invited b/c CEO got in a fight with them eight years ago.  1.  How would I know that, and 2, I don't care and why does it matter.

Furthermore, we are suppose to be going on a holiday leaving Thursday to go to the Alps for four days to ski and celebrate DH 30th birthday... well its been 4 weeks and his passport is MIA.  He was getting it renewed.  Great.  He tried all day to call, and finally emailed requesting an emergency passport.  I told him to take care of his in early January, but no he waited until Feb 1.  We have non-refundable tickets and I'm not sure about the hotel either.  I hope if the passport in MIA our travel insurance will cover it.

Even more, I feel so far behind our goals and mainly b/c we moved overseas.  We stopped contributing to retirement for nearly three years and we are finally back on track, but I go over to MM on the nest and feel depressed.  I want to have kids, but have no idea when the right time is because now I keep thinking we need to have X in retirement, X saved for a DP, X in an efund.

I just wish things were easier.  I guess I don't actually wish we were in the States, it just feels like everything would be easier.  I guess the grass is always greener, hun.  

Oh, and to top it off, my best friend who just returned from a week's holiday in St Thomas (she lives in the US) is now mad at me for some reason... who knows.

Thanks, I think I really needed a listening (reading) ear (eye)!!!

How do you get yourself out of a funk? 

I am here to solve all your problems.

Your co-workers are a bunch of dildos.  Tell them to shove it.

Turns out I am the owner of a lovely, valid passport so I will accompany you to the Swiss Alps for four days.

It is NEVER the right time to have kids. Ever.  But you know what, turns out kids are pretty resiliant and can fit into most situations. 

Now I can be your new BFF and tell old BFF to shove it.

YWIA. 

• 1.  Remember that the exchange rate is in your favour so three years out of the retirement fund thing (particularly as most people's dropped over 50% in those three years) means nothing.  You are way to young to worry about it...if you were 50 without a retirement fund then yes, it would be bad.  But otherwise it's fine.

2.  You have a life, though not perfect, that some people would kill/die for.  Remind yourself that you could be an asylum seeker in the UK...your life is much better than theirs.

3.  There is no perfect time to have a child.  The great thing about living in the UK is the maternity leave laws...so much better than in the States.  So what if you don't have millions in an account - most people in the world don't and they do fine.

So...there are my counter arguements against what your brain is telling you.  Push yourself to remember the good things in your life.  But at the same time...it's okay to be in a funk.  We all need them and deserve them once in a while.  Ok?

• Just give a vaguely polite but really dismissive "hmm" to those giving opinions. They really just want to hear the sound of their own voice.

While it unfortunately affects you, DH dug his own hole. He has to be the one to climb out of it. He should have listened to you in the first place. :o)

Forget about the friend until the other two issues are resolved. She can be passive-aggresive all by herself.

Remember that you are a wonderful person and kick a$$.

imageimage
  • Thanks, ladies, I feel better.  TwoPeas.. you crank me up... you can be my date any time!

It actually just felt better to voice everything!!!   

International Nesties June Siggy Challenge: Place I would like to visit.... Dead Sea, Jordan! Only a few more months!
  • My advice, be in a funk, cry, soak in a bath and get to bed early. Start tomorrow afresh!