International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Five for Friday

1.  What is one thing you are looking forward to in the next week or so?

2.  What is one thing that you are glad is over and done with this past week?

3.  If you could meet any famous chef, who would it be and what would you ask them to make for you?

4.  What was your favorite Halloween or fancy dress costume?

5.  What is your favorite hobby?

Re: Five for Friday

• 1.  What is one thing you are looking forward to in the next week or so? going out for drinks (as I've given up drinking during the week)...I know, slightly pathetic

2.  What is one thing that you are glad is over and done with this past week? grading the psychology tests

3.  If you could meet any famous chef, who would it be and what would you ask them to make for you? I'd like to meet the Hairy Bikers and have them make me their favorite dish (as I'm sure it'd be amazing)

4.  What was your favorite Halloween or fancy dress costume? I dressed up a few years ago as a punk rocker chick...it brought back memories of my youth and the kids loved it.

5.  What is your favorite hobby? photography, though I don't do it enough right now.
  • 1.  What is one thing you are looking forward to in the next week or so?

Getting out Sweden move all zipped up.  It's getting really frustrating and confusing and might not happen at all now. :(

H's long trip away, though he's now getting ready for another long trip away, this time to Tokyo

3.  If you could meet any famous chef, who would it be and what would you ask them to make for you?

Gordon Ramsey.  It would at least be entertaining!

Snow White.  That would be from the last Halloween we were in the US, and the party was awesome.

I love to snuggle up with the H and read.

Dinner with our entire team, who are visiting from our three other offices.

temperatures below -10?C!  Hooray for -4!

I have no idea.  I love fancy food, but I don't know any chefs (other than the ones that run reality TV shows Embarrassed)

Although I don't know if I could bring myself to wear it these days, I think the Eve costume I designed and made in college was pretty cool!

I have a lot of hobbies, and my interest ebbs and flows over time (I like variety).  Right now my favorite is back to origami.
  • 1.  What is one thing you are looking forward to in the next week or so? I am going to Frankfurt next week to be with MH. He is there for work, so during the day I will just be walking around the city, maybe doing a little shopping.

2.  What is one thing that you are glad is over and done with this past week? I am glad MH comes home today and I am done being alone. He has been on this work trip since Monday, comes back for the weekend and leaves again Monday morning but then I go with him.

3.  If you could meet any famous chef, who would it be and what would you ask them to make for you? Probably Jamie Oliver, I love that he is so young, and he was even younger when he started. He can cook whatever he wants for me. I'll eat it. If he was to make my favorite food it would be Corned Beef and Cabbage. I know, I'm weird.

4.  What was your favorite Halloween or fancy dress costume? I was a cat in 1st grade. I loved that costume. Another girl in my class was the same thing. She told me when we were in highschool, that when we were both cats she was so jealous of my outfit because she thought mine was so much better. LOL

5.  What is your favorite hobby? I am trying to figure that out at the moment. I love to read, and I used to paint, but somewhere that got left behind.

• 1.  What is one thing you are looking forward to in the next week or so? Being done with the repeat viewings with this guy, one way or another.

2.  What is one thing that you are glad is over and done with this past week? Just the week in general.

3.  If you could meet any famous chef, who would it be and what would you ask them to make for you? Mmmm, I don't know, maybe Nigella? I'd get her to do some completely decadent chocolate based dessert.

4.  What was your favorite Halloween or fancy dress costume? I really loved this seventies outfit I had put together, using some orginal pieces from my mother's wardrobe and creating flares in my old jeans myself (can't sew to save myself, so that was an achievement!)

5.  What is your favorite hobby? reading 

• 1.  What is one thing you are looking forward to in the next week or so? -- lunch at a new restaurant on Wednesday with a friend.

2.  What is one thing that you are glad is over and done with this past week? -- my grandmother's birthday celebration

3.  If you could meet any famous chef, who would it be and what would you ask them to make for you? -- Commander's Palace Chef Tory McPhail and I'd want him to make buckets of the velvet corn sauce and/or strawberry shortcake

4.  What was your favorite Halloween or fancy dress costume? -- I'm not really a person who dresses up.  The last time I did was Halloween 7th grade and I was a Playboy Bunny.  It was also the day I started my period.  I think the two are connected.

5.  What is your favorite hobby? -- I don't really have anything that I would call a hobby.  But if pressed, I'd have to go with reading or traveling.

I don't mind being held to a higher standard; I mind being held to a lower one. (Sam Seaborn, The West Wing)
    Anniversary

Tomorrow I am meeting up with 2 friends from boarding school who are living in the UK. I'm excited, but nervous. One of the girls I haven't seen since our graduation where she slept with my boyfriend.

First assignment for my Masters Degree. The lecturer has marked it and I got excellent marks, so I'm relieved.

James Martin. I'd ask him to make a baby for me.

Never really done dress up, but I've always wanted to go as a giant rabbit.

Skiing and travel. I'd be happy to spend everything I have on both of those things.

• image ukyankee:

1.  What is one thing you are looking forward to in the next week or so?

England v. Ireland 6 Nations match tomorrow.

Husband's grandmother's funeral yesterday.

Gordon Ramsey. Steak frites.

My Ewok costume in 2nd grade.

yoga

I'm hoping to go for sushi. 

I'll just be glad when DH is home. This has felt like the longest week ever, and today is so friggin long. 

Remy can make me ratatouille any time. I really don't know any famous chefs, to be honest, but I love food. 

One year, I was one of those game machines full of stuffed animals and with the big claw that comes down to grab one.

digital scrapbooking 

• 1.  Having Clint home for the whole month of March (I think).  And Wally's second birthday.

2.  I'll be glad when Clint is home tonight (Wally has been ill the past few days).

3.  I really don't know much about any famous chef. 

4.  A fallen angel costume I made on one of my cruise ships.

5.  Scrapbooking, taking photos.  I haven't done any scrapbooking for a long time though, and I'd love to improve my photography and learn how to edit photos.

I start some contract work for a month-long project on Monday. This will be my first day of work since 2008!

Negotiating a rate for the contract work. It stresses me out.

Maybe Rachel Ray? I can't stand her and don't understand why everyone loves her. Maybe if I meet her, I'll get it. I don't care what she makes because it will be covered in EVOO.

Glowworm when I was a kid.

Traveling if that's a hobby. Otherwise, reading.

• 1.  What is one thing you are looking forward to in the next week or so? DH's birthday next weekend: we're going into Newcastle for the day to do family things.

2.  What is one thing that you are glad is over and done with this past week? getting my book in on deadline!

3.  If you could meet any famous chef, who would it be and what would you ask them to make for you? Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall (sp?) - no idea though!

4.  What was your favorite Halloween or fancy dress costume? I was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz far too many times not to say it.

5.  What is your favorite hobby? reading? surfing the net gets more time unfortunately!

Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)

I have to sub for my boss two days next week, I am just looking forward to getting it over with! the extra days are great, but I'll be muddling through the classes a bit since I've never taught them before.  

Well, it is friday, so work in general I guess? Not that I was desperate for the week to end, just generally glad it is the weekend :)

Cat Cora, so I could talk to her about what it is like to make it as a chef, and a celeb chef at that, as a woman and a lesbian. She is my favorite Iron Chef America chef, and she can make me whatever she wants!  

When I was a kid my Mom and Nana made me an awesome Nefertiti costume. These days I am usually a pirate because it is so easy. Jeans, boots, ruffly blouse, heavy eyeliner, and then I usually buy an eyepatch and plastic sword. In Prague I made one out of cardboard, tinfoil and electrical tape. 

5.  What is your favorite hobby? Reading probably. 

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Nelia has read 39 books toward her goal of 100 books.
    hide
  • 1.  What is one thing you are looking forward to in the next week or so? our OB appt next week so we can hear sparky's heartbeat:)

2.  What is one thing that you are glad is over and done with this past week? my big presentation on Thursday to some very senior guys!! went well but I'm glad it's over

3.  If you could meet any famous chef, who would it be and what would you ask them to make for you? hmm I don't know!

4.  What was your favorite Halloween or fancy dress costume? I dressed as Gwen Stafani one year with a pink wig - that was fun:)

5.  What is your favorite hobby? I love when I have enough time to read
  • 1.  What is one thing you are looking forward to in the next week or so? Going "home" for a week. My sister is getting married so we are having a bridal party meeting and getting fitted for the dresses.

2.  What is one thing that you are glad is over and done with this past week? Still not over and done, have to get my licensed renewed, it expired on me so I have to take a driving test AND written test next week. I have been driving for 10 years but apparently it needs to be done over.

3.  If you could meet any famous chef, who would it be and what would you ask them to make for you? Emeril, to be quite honest I don't know too many.

4.  What was your favorite Halloween or fancy dress costume? Princess, it happens to be because I am one! :-)

5.  What is your favorite hobby? Outside of politics, I love reading. I also sing karaoke. Yep, it is true.

Vacation

• 1.  What is one thing you are looking forward to in the next week or so? Heading home to Switzerland and seeing DH.

2.  What is one thing that you are glad is over and done with this past week? Umm., my mom's latest round of chemo is over, so I'm happy about that.

3.  If you could meet any famous chef, who would it be and what would you ask them to make for you? Hubert Keller--I would like anything.

4.  What was your favorite Halloween or fancy dress costume? I've never actually dressed up for Halloween, so I can't answer this.

5.  What is your favorite hobby? Eating.