December 2007 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

wwyd??

I am in a "high society" wedding in May. The girl I am friends with is not high society but her mom is.

Well her mom is paying for 2 nights in a hotel for T and I and for me to get my hair and makeup done. I called the girls mom and told her you know i were more than happy to take care of that but she insisted. i feel bad that she is paying for all that. even though i know the mom would wipe her butt with her money.

should i get the mom a nice card or something?

Who let the dawgs out? image

Re: wwyd??

• After the wedding I would probably send her a nice thank you note telling her how much you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and what a good job you felt they did with your hair and make up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Emily_Ann:
    After the wedding I would probably send her a nice thank you note telling her how much you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and what a good job you felt they did with your hair and make up.

This.  You could send them one of those edible flower fruit baskets after the wedding to enjoy (or get one for the day of when everyone is getting ready). 

• image Emily_Ann:
    After the wedding I would probably send her a nice thank you note telling her how much you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and what a good job you felt they did with your hair and make up.

I agree. I was in a wedding like this too (the mom even paid for our bridesmaids dresses) and I sent her a thank you card afterwards. She was very appreciative.

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Emily_Ann:

This.  You certainly shouldn't feel bad or guilty for letting her pay for your hotel stay...just thank her for it afterwards.

~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • definitely follow up with a thank you card!! that's so generous. i've been in weddings before like that and they honestly dont want anything in return - it's just their way of being generous but i would DEFINITELY give her a nice note of thanks afterwards. being very giving is part of many people's nature but it's always a nice to let them know you appreciate them!