Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

annoying dilemna

My SIL just called to see if I wanted to go out with her and the bridal party of a wedding she's in tomorrow (I know the bride and groom fairly well). The problem is that DH is supposed to call tonight. We didn't really get to talk the other night because SIL and the bride were at my house. So even though I kind of want to go out, I'm not going to because I want to talk to him. It's so frustrating because I want to stay busy but I don't want to miss his call. Does anyone else have that problem?

Re: annoying dilemna

• I understand what you are saying. Is your husband currently deployed? Mine is and he usually calls around the same time so I get really paranoid about my phone when it gets close to him calling. It's really important to hear his voice telling you that he loves you.

BUT. On the other hand, I'm sure he wouldn't want his calls to dictate your whole life while he is away. And if you do miss his call he can leave a voicemail....and then you can replay it over and over.

• i would wait for his call. i used to feel so bad if i missed dh's calls when he was deployed. you can always meet up with them after he calls.
  • I understand- there is nothing better than hearing their voice when they are deployed. But, is he calling your cell? You could put it on vibrate and just leave the bar or whatever as soon as it rings and talk to him. I know my DH wouldn't want me staying home just to talk to him, but he also knew how much I loved talking to him, so he'd probably understand.
  • I know how you feel.... If I were you I would meet up with them after his call
  • I would stay home too, I missed his call one time during the first deployment and I felt so guilty, I seriously beat myself up about it for about a week :(
  • I agree with Kim, as long as he'll be calling your cell. I've missed three calls already and he's been gone a month (out of 12). Yes it sucks, but I can't beat myself up about it. He doesn't get mad. He'd be mad if he knew I was sitting at home staring at my phone instead of going out and having a good time.

Good luck, and I hope whatever you decide to do that you get the call! =)

Snuggle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker