D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Feeling a little like a schmuck

Sooo....I've been 'bragging' here about my happiness at my coming alone time while DH is gone. Devil

He ate breakfast with me this morning (he never eats breakfast), told me he'd prefer I drive him to the airport rather than take a cab for a little more time together, called me from the business lounge, called me from the plane, and IMd me one last 'I love you and I will miss you much' just before he turned off his phone.

Embarrassed

Now I miss him.Broken Heart

Re: Feeling a little like a schmuck

• Maybe he been on the nest and he was just trying to make you feel badly?  Devil  Have you guys ever been apart that long? 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    PGAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • Awww.  Nothing wrong with a little bonding before he goes for two weeks.  I love spending a few days away from my husband, and I love coming home to him, too.

And I always send an I Love You text message before I turn off my phone (even if we parted in a huff).  But for fairly morbid reasons.  If something happens on the flight, I want him to have that text message.  I love flying and I am not worried about flying, but I still do it.

These are a few of my favorite things

[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/rubytue/crafty/sedona.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/rubytue/crafty/ruby2-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/rubytue/crafty/boats.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/rubytue/fuglykeen.gif[/IMG]
  • image tonesq:
    Maybe he been on the nest and he was just trying to make you feel badly?  Devil  Have you guys ever been apart that long? 

That is so what my husband would do.  But then my DH is also the one that switched my signature the an animated girl that jiggles her jugs (a guy on a board he goes on has this has his siggy)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image tonesq:
    Maybe he been on the nest and he was just trying to make you feel badly?  Devil  Have you guys ever been apart that long? 

HA HA HA HA HA

Yeah, he's had a couple of 2-week trips since we've been together. But the longest seperation was when he moved to L.A. and I was still in DC. It ended up being only a month, but when he left I either had to find a job here or we had to sell the house before I could move, so we were not sure just how long it would be. THAT was hard.

I think he's just uber stressed about this trip (the travel alone is hellish, and the work he has to do is significant) and he was feeling needy. I cooked a very special dinner last night (beef! since he's afraid he won't get any/much in India) and sent him off with my chocolate-chip walnut cookies that he loves.

• Absence makes the heart grow fonder!
  • image Mrs.L.B.:
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

Sure....over 2 weeks...it's only been 2 hours! LOL

• I always send one last text message before a flight, too. DH hates it and thinks it is terribly morbid, but he's started doing it as well.

And AJ, I totally understand where you're coming from - I just spent a week with my husband 24 hours a day on a trip, and now I am kind of hoping he'll go out of town, just for a day or so, so I can be alone.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't feel bad, we all need breaks from our spouses.  Mine says "I miss you" every day when I talk to him at lunch.  No, sorry, I don't miss you yet, you've only been gone for a few hours.