December 2007 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

job drama...

You may have seen me post abt this on fb, but if not here it is... K's old foreman called and offered him his old job. This is the company that he worked for the whole time we've been together that sends him all over creation and the same one that hasn't had work from October - january for the past 2 years...so they want him back all of a sudden bc they have a few jobs lined up. K's initial reaction was to go back b/c he would get paid more than twice what he's making right now. However, I managed to change his mind. I know he's not making enough right this second, but he's learning something very useful that will serve him forever! I'm afraid if he let this opportunity go now it wouldn't come again. I just hope we made the right decision and that he will, in fact, become a pipe welder this year. We've made it w/ him being unemployed for 3 months so we can surly make it the next few months until he gets promoted. Would you have done the same thing?

Re: job drama...

• You already know what I think. Definitely the right decision. What's to say they're not going to turn around again in 2 months or even 2 weeks and lay him off again?
  • If it were me, I would have done the same thing.  Welding is a great skill to have and once he has it mastered he will have many opportunities for work in that field. If he took his old job and it fell through again, then he'd be back where he was again last time.   I think you made the right choice!
    [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/abnv4p.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/qmzxjc.jpg[/IMG]
  • image Gina1221:
    If it were me, I would have done the same thing.  Welding is a great skill to have and once he has it mastered he will have many opportunities for work in that field. If he took his old job and it fell through again, then he'd be back where he was again last time.   I think you made the right choice!

This!

~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree I think you made the right choice for your family. Like Gina said it is a skill that not everyone has and I know around our area they are hiring at some major plants for experienced welders. And personally I would feel more confident in knowing that he would have a good skill like that to fall back on if something happens.
    Who let the dawgs out? image
  • image avila01:

image Gina1221:
    If it were me, I would have done the same thing.  Welding is a great skill to have and once he has it mastered he will have many opportunities for work in that field. If he took his old job and it fell through again, then he'd be back where he was again last time.   I think you made the right choice!

This!

Ditto! 

• Thanks ladies. Your reassurance means a lot. Dh has been a stick / flux core welder for about 6 years now. He just never learned pipe welding. After this he will be a combination welder which it what many plants/companies want above anything else. Who knew there were 26d million different kinds of welders!? It should mean that he will never be laid off for more than a day again.