Delaware Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Recommend Your Realtor

Hello DE nesties!

I'm a fourth year medical student and will start my residency this fall.  We're not sure where I'll match yet, but we wanted to start looking at houses in the states of my top three choices.

So...does anybody have a realtor they'd like to recommend?

TIA!

image Thanksgiving, 2011 Amanda & Joe, June 28, 2008 Blog of Randomness BFP 6/10/11; Missed m/c at 5wk6d; D&C 7/18/11, Triploidy BFP 11/24/11, please be our sticky baby pregnant

Re: Recommend Your Realtor

• My realtor is Beth Clarke from Patterson Schwartz Real Estate.  Her # is 302-229-0226.  The website is www.pattersonschwartz.com.  They are all over DE and parts of PA. 

The reason I liked her and worked with her is of all the open houses I went to before buying my house, she was the only realtor to send me a thank you note for coming to the open house. 

• I HIGHLY recommend Chad Mitchell from Patterson Schwartz (302-463-3243).  We closed on our first home the end of July and he was awesome!!  He worked off of OUR schedule to see homes- sent us listings that fit our criteria (and put up with me when I looked independently at listings, too!)... he is VERY knowledgable and "keeps it real" when looking at homes.  He doesn't try to sell you a house b/c of the price, etc... he honestly wants you to make the best decision for you!!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Lauren Hill from Remax Wilmington.  She was absolutely wonderful to work with; she worked and worked and worked on short sale houses that we were interested in.  When our BOA loan fell through because of FHA changes, she called around to many different mortgage companies trying to get us covered. 

We couldn't afford much to begin with, and alot of the houses ended up being in not so safe areas.  If we emailed her about one off the MLS, and it was in a bad area, she would tell us straight up that she wasn't taking us to look at that house and why.  We really appreciated that, because we didn't know the good areas from the bad; instead of her just trying to get her commission, she wanted us to be safe and happy.  She also would tell us if she knew of any issues in the neighborhood/houses (ie we went to one area and she said the houses in this area are known to be built not as good as this other area that we looked at, etc). 

We really appreciated the fact that she cared about us, and us being happy, rather than her making a sale.

• Are you moving to DE or Maryland ? Dottie Walker at Long & Foster is great!!! She is located in Chesapeake City .
    BabyFetus Ticker image image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic