FFing has been going veerrrryyy bad. I cry everyday. Here are some reasons why I hate it at this point (no offense to anyone that FF).
- BM tastes sweet, F tastes gross
- BM smells good, F smells terrible
- With BFing I can nurse and sleep at the same time meaning I get a good nights sleep. With FFing I actually have to stay awake to hold that bottle.
- DD had yellowish/brownish poop with BM and it was soft, no smell at all. Now with F it's very dark green, smells horrible and is harder.
- She screams when she has to wait for me to make and heat the bottle. She is not used to waiting to be fed.
- Today she spit up and it came out her nose (that has never happened with BM) and she started choking. So that was the straw that broke the camels back.
I am now on my way to my DR's office and am going to demand he change the meds I'm on. I will then take them to the pedi and make sure it's okay to BF with them. After she choked I stopped taking the meds and am BFing her ... she latched on great : ) She actually giggled when I put the breast in her mouth like she missed it.
Wish me luck : ) I am DONE with FFing ... at least now I can say I tried it and it did not work for my family at all.
Since DH bought me a really nice electric pump so that I could pump and dump in order ro BF again after I was done with the meds, I will still use it. I plan on pumping 4 oz. everyday and building a freezer stash. Then if I get sick again she will still have breast milk.