Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

cleaning stainless Steel

Is there any home solution I can use on my SS garbage can or do I need to get some wipes that are made specifically for SS items? I know vinegar is good for pretty much everything but will it be ok for SS too?
My Blog If I hear someone denigrating a woman's body, I think, "Bow to the goddess and kiss my curvy, luscious a$$!" Visit The Nest!

Re: cleaning stainless Steel

• I've never used vinegar on my ss garbage can, but I've used the spray Method cleaner for ss (the kind you use with a microfiber cloth), and it works great.  I've tried the wipes and they just leave streaks.
  • I have all stainless appliances- i've tried a bunch of different things. a vinegar/water combo worked well, but then i read that the vinegar isn't great for the stainless.... i've been using Weiman's wipes, and love them! you have to buff with a soft cloth after you use the wipe to get rid of any streaks--- but they work well. I think theres a spray version, too.
  • my housecleaner wipes them down with water and then wipes with a cloth that has some baby oil on it.  sounds odd, but seems to work.
  • I used to use vinegar on my SS trashcan and I didn't have any problems with it.  We then moved into a house with SS appliances and I was reading their manuals and they all said not to use vinegar on them.  So now I use Method SS spray with a microfiber cloth.  It does an excellent job and there are no streaks.