Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Clorox wipes on grantite??

What about our finished wood kitchen and dining tables?

Re: Clorox wipes on grantite??

• Not much can hurt granite...with the possible exception of something very acidic like straight lemon juice left on it too long.  I wouldn't recommend it for finished wood surfaces though. Use diluted peroxide for disinfecting.
  • I use clorox wipes on my granite. No problems so far.  The stuff is practically indestructible.

As for finished wood surfaces, I use Pledge wipes.  I will occasionally use a clorox wipe if I know it is really dirty/sticky or needs disinfecting, but I follow up with a dry cloth to get it off of there, too.  It'd be better on newer wood - antiques and things tend to soak up more stuff.

• I agree with pp, not much can hurt granite. Just may leave a streak. I cloth buff after.
  • I use the wipes every night, and no harm.  My mom does the same w/ her granite.  I have  never personally used it on wood though. 
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I use Clorox wipes on everything, including our wooden end tables. My DH leaves things on them and they can get sticky from his spills. It helps to get that kind of stuff off, and they collect all the other dust around the apartment.

If you're worried about it destroying your wood, use a cloth to wipe off your table after using the clorox wipe!

• it says right on the back of the clorox wipes container NOT to use it on granite.

i paid too much for them to risk it.

jmo