Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Bar Harbor

Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice hotel in Bar Harbor, Maine?

Re: Bar Harbor

• There are so many hotels and B&Bs there; it seems like you can't walk five feet before you hit another lodging place there.  We stayed here and were happy with it, though the breakfast is pretty basic.  No matter what place you pick, if you're planning a last-minute trip at all be sure to ask if they have any last-minute deals.  There's so much competition there that lots of places will offer specials.
    I'd rather be rock climbing or playing volleyball
    image image
  • Thanks! We're going after our wedding in April, and a lot of the websites I've checked seem to offer pretty good deals for April.

I was mostly looking into resort hotels because FI said he would prefer something like that over a B&B. But maybe he'll change his mind when he sees that some of these rooms have fireplaces, lol.

• image mbcdefg:
    I was mostly looking into resort hotels because FI said he would prefer something like that over a B&B. But maybe he'll change his mind when he sees that some of these rooms have fireplaces, lol.

Ah, didn't realize you were going for your honeymoon.  FWIW, the honeymoon suite at the Castlemaine is great--we got upgraded for free when we arrived on top of the last-minute rate I had pre-negotiated :)  The bathroom is huuuuge and has an awesome chromatherapy jet tub, a sitting area with a fireplace, huge comfy bed, etc.  Oh, and its got its own separate entrance and is sort of separated from the rest of the B&B so there's lots of privacy Wink

I'd rather be rock climbing or playing volleyball
    image image
  • Awesome, thanks! I'll keep it on our short list :)