Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I suck at the Nike Store, so does the sales guy...

We took an impromptu trip to Vegas yesterday and stopped at the Nike store in the Forum Shops at Ceasars Palace.

1) I found running tights/capris for $55 but didn't buy them, I suck.

2) They had TONS of running gear on sale that I didn't buy because, again, I suck.

3) DW wanted to surprise me by buying me the Nike+ sensor and Sportband but the sales guy talked her out of it saying that I NEED Nike+ shoes, that the sensor won't work correctly with the pouch and that's why Nike stopped making the pouches. Crying

I will definitely be going back to that store again to buy some running gear, the selection was amazing!

Re: I suck at the Nike Store, so does the sales guy...

• YOu can get the pouches on Amazon and you don't need nike shoes to use the sport band.
  • I'd explained that to DW before but she listened to the sales guy and said that I need to find some Nike+ shoes that work for me...

I'm going to get fitted for shoes soon so I will see what they say, I can buy my own sensor and sportband if it comes down to it.

• image butterflygrooves:

I'd explained that to DW before but she listened to the sales guy and said that I need to find some Nike+ shoes that work for me...

I'm going to get fitted for shoes soon so I will see what they say, I can buy my own sensor and sportband if it comes down to it.

I'm thinking the sales guy was just trying to make a sale on the shoes. You can use the pouch (as pp stated, you can get them on Amazon and I saw them at the Seattle Niketown just before Christmas) or some people even cut open the tongue of the shoe and put them in there. 

Make sure you get fitted at a running store, not Nike or a store like Sports Authority.

• Definitely going to a running store, I don't want my knees to hurt anymore.
  • My NIke+ sensor works just fine in the pouch on the laces of my Asics, but I have found that the mileage is a little more accurate when I wear my Nike+ shoes.

Don't let the shoes stop you from getting the sensor.  It is a great motivational tool.  And the sales people telling you it will only work with Nike+ shoes is crap and their way of getting more money out of you.

And, if you need a small pouch but don't want to wait for the delievery time,  I got mine at Best Buy and I'm sure Target carries it as well.  It isn't Nike brand, its super small (only the chip will fit in it), and it velcrows to your laces.