Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Air Duct Cleaning

Since we finished our basement I notice more dust, and we are thinking of getting this done. Just not sure if the expense is worth it ($600 for around 23 vents).  Anyone had this done, and is it worth the expense?

Re: Air Duct Cleaning

• I haven't had it done, but I've heard that for people with allergies it's VERY helpful! One first step you might want to try is vacuuming inside the vents and changing out any filters you have in your system (usually furnace)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had ours done prior to moving in (our new construction home). I'm not sure how many vents but we have a 2200 sq ft home and it costs us $375. I would say it was worth it. We still have dust, but nothing like we probably would have. They recommended the closed duct system for the cleaning. I would say worth it. People I talk to that have built/remodeled say it's worth it because it is a difference you'll notice forever.
    DS#1 born 1/31/06 DS#2 born 3/7/08 DS#3 born sleeping at 17w 3d due to umbilical cord accident BFP#4 6/18/11 EDD 2/19/12 Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Great, thanks for the input!! :)