Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Restaurant List?

Does anyone have it handy, or know how to quickly find it?  Our anniversary was Wednesday, and we were going to go to the Melting Pot tonight, but I'm not really in the mood.  I'd like to find somewhere new and wonderful to try.
[IMG]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g394/lifesthebeach/Jamaica161.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Restaurant List?

• Here is the whole list

Alpine/North Kent County

Schuler Books' Chapbook Cafe

Panera Bread

Whitecaps (ballpark food)

Boston?s Ming Teng

Alpine Teriyaki & Sushi

Pilar's Cafe in Cheshire Village

Bud and Stanley's just off of Plainfield

Bluewater Grill near Plainfield and East Beltline

Empire Chinese Bufffet

Downtown, East Hills, Cherry Hill

Ottawa Tavern

Bulls head

San Chez

Salvatore's

One Trick Pony

Charley's Crab

The Green Well

Gaia Cafe

Cherry Deli ? huge menu! Heard many great things. Haven?t been yet

The Electric Cheetah ? fresh, locally grown food. Very good.

Yesterdog -

Marie Catrib's

Cherie Inn ? great breakfast location

Wealthy St. Bakery ? lunch menu and great baked goods

Palace of India

Ramona's Table

Sundance Grill

One Trick Pony

The Cottage  Inn ? good burgers

Bistro Bella Vita

Brandywine ? Eastown ? great breakfast location

Breakfast - Omelette Shoppe - YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.  ymmmmmm

Brunch Buffet - Charlie's Crab

Rose's

Graydon's Crossing  - burnt down, hopes to reopen. Great onion rings

Derby Station in EGR ? used to be Graydon?s Crossing in EGR but  changed names. Have heard mixed things on them since.

Mangiamo's,  - in an old historic home. Either go for a nice dinner or they have great take out pizza

Bombay

Maggie's Kitchen (mexican) on Bridge ? haven?t been yet, but heard they have great authentic Mexican food. Closes early like 6 or 7pm I think

Rivertown

Bagel Beanery-Wyoming

Monelli's-Wyoming

Frankie V's- Wyoming

Red Robin

Texas Roadhouse

Joe Chicago's Pizza

Kobe Japanese Steak and Seafood

Famous Dave's

Cafe San Juan (36th and Burlingame)

28th Street

Real Food Cafe - corner of Alger and Eastern. Locally owned place in a tiny, narrow building, it used to be a Baskin Robin. Great omlets. Be prepared for long wait on weekends.

Garden Room Cafe - 28th street near Burton. Bdubs Plaza.  Cute little resturant with a good breakfast selection. They supposedly have the Mr. Fables Olive Burger recipe.

Sundance Grill - 28th street in Cascade area.

Pietros and Pietros Backdoor - pizza and Italian food.  Note the Backdoor pizzeria tends to be closed on Friday evenings in the summer due to private dinners there. They do have the same menu in the main restaurant.

Yen Chings - Roaring 20's Plaza.  For the most part quick and good service, sometimes dependent on your server.

Cantina ? good food, mixed service, can be hit or miss. Get better service if you go downstairs to bar area.

Mikado

El Arriero

Golden 28

Russ' ? cheap food. Where the ?dutch? people go.

GR Brewing Co.

Chipotle

BD's Mongolian Barbeque

Olive Garden

On the Border

Chipotle

BD's Mongolian Barbeque

Olive Garden

On the Border

La Cantina - the bean dip is fantastic and they have $2 PBR pitchers.  TWO DOLLARS PEOPLE!

Thai House - it's in the DnW plaza.  They have a delicious spicy tea and the food and portions are good and well priced.

Beltline Bar - good sangria and margaritas

Sundance - delicious but busy on weekend mornings, so go at another time to avoid a wait (they also have a downtown location)

Favorites (chain):

Old Chicago (great beer selection), Moe's, Jimmy Johns

Date Night

Bulls Head

Everyday People Cafe in Douglas

Louis Betton Steak House

Bonefish Grill

Leo's

Chop House

Boatworks-in Holland

Melting Pot

Cygnus

Mangiamo!

Bonefish Grill

Rose's

Blue Water Grill

Reds on the River  in Rockford. Go in summer when you can sit on patio

San Chez

Bistro Bella Vita

Lakeshore

Holland

Butch's

84 East

China Inn North - North side of Holland

Pereddies

84 East - DT Holland

Boatwerks - Holland (nice outdoor eating on the water)

Red Robin - North side of Holland

Margaritas

Wild Chef

The Curragh,

City Vue Cafe,

Via Maria;

I've heard good things about Texas Cafe too

For breakfast/lunch--

Dutch Bros/De Boer Bakery,

Good Earth Cafe,

The Windmill (sort a college, greasy spoon)

Taqueria Azteca (NOT fancy, but so good)

Grand Haven

Dee-Lite

Snug Harbor

Pronto Pups

The Kirby House

Porto Bello

JW's

Rosebud

Clover Bar in Grand Haven... the atmosphere is kinda dingy, but they have GREAT pizza! I like it way better than Fricanos.

Muskegon:

Hearthstone
    Mia & Grace (open M-S 9 am ? 5pm. Starting to take reservations for dinner on Saturday)

Clover Bar in Grand Haven... the atmosphere is kinda dingy, but they have GREAT pizza! I like it way better than Fricanos.

Saugatuck/Douglas

Everyday People Caf? (Douglas)

Mermaids (Saugatuck)

The Elbow Room- it is beside the yacht club- they have terrific cinnamon rolls, breakfast and lunch.  It is nice because it looks over the kalamazoo (I think) river.  They do have vegetarian options are that really accommodating for ingredient swaps.

The Butler- this place is for the Butler Burger which is horrible for you, but really good if you liked hamburgers imo.  Their Butler fries are slabs of potatoes all fried up.  Another nice place to look at water while you are eating.

Phils (Saugatuck)

Pumpernickels (breakfast/lunch-- Saugatuck)

Wally's Bar & Grill (Saugatuck-- good bar food/perch)

Wild Dog Cafe (Douglas)

Su Casa (Fennville-- worth the drive-- some of the best Mexican in W Michigan, IMHO)

Other areas

Olde Peninsula Brew Pub - Kzoo

In TC my favorite Mexican place is La Senorita.  I don't like the Lansing site.

Also in TC I like North Peak.

North of TC in Elk Rapids is a New Orleans restaurant called Pearls.

Hana East-higher end hibachi style... SO. GOOD. In Kzoo right off the highway on Sprinkle.

In Lansing, any of the restaurants in the Eastwood Towne Center are excellent.  I personally prefer PF Changs, but the Italian restaurant (Bravo) and irish pub (Claddaugh) are good, too.  I can't remember the name of the italian restaurant.

In East Lansing - Dublins Square or in Okemos - Dusty's Cellar would be nice places to go for dinner.

• Thank you, MB!  Big Smile
    [IMG]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g394/lifesthebeach/Jamaica161.jpg[/IMG]