Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What are you reading?

It has been a few weeks since I last posted this and Wop's poll question about favorite books, made me curious.

Re: What are you reading?

• After finishing a couple of books recently, I feel like I've finally broken out of my rut. 

I am now determined to finish 740 Park by Michael Gross. 

• STILL trying to get through Dewey the Library cat lol.  I haven't read much lately though, I need to find a good book to catch my interest!
    IMG_0888edit Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson.  It's awesome.  Hard to get into, but once in, you're IN.
  • Ace of Cakes: Inside the World of Charm City Cakes
  • image AmoroAgain:
    "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson.  It's awesome.  Hard to get into, but once in, you're IN.

I sometimes choose books based on the cover art, and that one always grabs me.  I will have to get it next time I am at the library :)

• I read Dewey: Cried

I'm reading The Royal Pain, also reading Bookkeepers Boot Camp

FreeBurger: What style of books do you like?

• I read The Lovely Bones last weekend. I have a stack of books waiting to be read and can't decide what I'm in the mood for next.
  • image Deeder522:

I like a random mix - my favorite authors are David Sedaris and John Erving.  I've been through a Stephen King phase too.  I also read a lot of Jodi Piccoult and Nicholas Sparks though Embarrassed lol. 

The only thing I haven't gotten into is science fiction.  I've tried to read the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy twice and couldn't do it. 

• I just finished U is for Undertow.  Part of me wants to read the entire series...but twenty-some books is a lot to commit to.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I finished The Friday Night Knitting Club about a week ago. I decided to get the follow up book Knit Two. So I'm reading that now.
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005
  • image freeburger16:

image AmoroAgain:
    "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson.  It's awesome.  Hard to get into, but once in, you're IN.

I sometimes choose books based on the cover art, and that one always grabs me.  I will have to get it next time I am at the library :)

It's really good.  I wish I'd just bought the whole trilogy while I was in Malmo, where it's cheaper, but ah well.  

• Graceling by Kristin Cashore, I wasn't sure if I'd love it, but I really enjoyed it.
  • My backlog of Time and Entertainment Weeklys from when I stopped exercising.  I think I am in December finally Embarrassed
  • Amoro, I'm trying to get into that book right now. The H just read it and really liked it. My problem is that my mini-boss doesn't allow for much reading time, so I need things that grab me right away.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic CafeMom Tickers
  • Freeburger: Have you ever read Ender's Game? It's sci-fi. I don't read sci-fi either, but really enjoyed Ender.
  • image freeburger16:
    image Deeder522:

I like a random mix - my favorite authors are David Sedaris and John Erving.  I've been through a Stephen King phase too.  I also read a lot of Jodi Piccoult and Nicholas Sparks though Embarrassed lol. 

The only thing I haven't gotten into is science fiction.  I've tried to read the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy twice and couldn't do it. 

If you like Sedaris, you may like Sarah Vowell too.  She cracks me up!

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • you may also like some of Kristen Hannah's Books. She's kind of in that Piccoult Sparks area.
  • Thanks for the recs guys - Enders Game is one of my sisters favorite books, so I will have to check it out!
  • image freeburger16:
    Thanks for the recs guys - Enders Game is one of my sisters favorite books, so I will have to check it out!

If Mere would have been a boy, Ender was on our list of boy names. How nerdy are we?

• I am on the 13th book of A Series of Unfortunate Events. I am so ready to be done with it, it is a struggle to get through as they are kids books and really easy, and the author is really annoying, BUT I started the series on vacation in July and I have to know the ending!
  • image mylinds06:
    I am on the 13th book of A Series of Unfortunate Events. I am so ready to be done with it, it is a struggle to get through as they are kids books and really easy, and the author is really annoying, BUT I started the series on vacation in July and I have to know the ending!

I have that whole series, too. I buy that kind of stuff for later when Mere is old enough to understand them and we read them together. I read the first two and decided to wait :o)

• image freeburger16:
    STILL trying to get through Dewey the Library cat lol.  I haven't read much lately though, I need to find a good book to catch my interest!

My daughter read that book last year and LOVED it, she's read it a couple times since. 

• I'm reading The Book Thief right now.