Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Brining back the Romance in S&R

I thought it would be nice to get some romance on this board.  DH and I are getting closer to completing our first year of marriage and I am trying to think of some romantic ideas to celebrate our first year at home since we are on a budget or just spice up/make special a regular weeknight or weekend!  What have you done to add romance at home?

*It should have been Bringing in the subject...oops!*

Re: Brining back the Romance in S&R

• Winter I find it tough.  Normally we try to arrange at least 2 date nights a month and schedule them.  We make a nice dinner at home or plan a nice dinner out.  In the summer its easier, many times we will have a picnic on the beach and walk around after wards while listening to the local bands.  We are pretty much home bodies so many times a nice meal at home, cheap wine and a movie from netflix works. 
  • I'm in the same boat: 4.5 months till one year... we want to take a four day weekend and go somewhere close/stay at home and do day stuff. I'm not sure what we are going to do... as for date nights, we have a Monday nights as our date nights. We're pretty much homebodies so we don't do much... just the regular stuff.
  • Buy a bottle of wine and some candles, make a nice meal, and dine by candlelight -- cheaper than going to a really fancy restaurant, better food than the cheap chain restaurants, and easier access to the bedroom (lol).

Other ideas:

Plan date nights... Don't just come home and say "so what would you like to do this evening/weekend?"  It doesn't have to be expensive activities -- things like free concerts, a local event, hiking or picnicking, etc.  Planning it is half the fun!

Leave little notes for each other around the house.  My DH and I have slightly different work schedules, so he'll leave me a little post-it note in the kitchen in the morning with comments like "Good morning, beautiful" or "I love you."  I sometimes leave him notes to find when he gets home in the afternoon that say "Hi handsome, I hope you had a great day" or "I love you."  Little things, but they add up.

• Some of the ideas on here are a bit cheesy but she does have some cute ideas!

http://loveactually-blog.blogspot.com/