D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

upscale fairfax restaurants

Dh asked me to make reservations for a nice dress up dinner out in January. We don't eat out frequently and he wants this to be a big deal. I am lost! We live in Fairfax, but anywhere in VA would work.

Any ideas? Just thinking of a nice restaurant with some healthy food options. 

thanks!!!

Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: upscale fairfax restaurants

• I had a really great experience at 2941.
  • image Mrs.L.B.:
    I had a really great experience at 2941.

Ditto.  There's also inox in Mclean and Eve in Alexandria.  I have to say though that I don't usually equate upscale restaurants with healthy.

• DH and I go to J. Gilbert's in McLean for special occasions. The food is really good, although I don't know how healthy it is. We went to 2941 and it was really nice, but I think it was too nice for me. I didn't know what anything on the menu was and felt like a dummy :p
  • You can never go wrong with L'Auberge Chez Provencal in Great Falls.  They aren't open on Mondays though and you'll want to check on reservations now because they do book up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • I second Chez Provencal... I just got back from an amazing new years dinner there! ?
  • image VAJuneBride07:

image Mrs.L.B.:
    I had a really great experience at 2941.

Ditto.  There's also inox in Mclean and Eve in Alexandria.  I have to say though that I don't usually equate upscale restaurants with healthy.

Buuuuuuuttt...when i was at 2941, the portions were tiny (probably the size of food you're actually supposed to eat though).

• image kastle:

Buuuuuuuttt...when i was at 2941, the portions were tiny (probably the size of food you're actually supposed to eat though).

Hah -- that sounds like our experience. DH ordered the goat cheese cheesecake for dessert, and it was (no exaggeration) the size of a thimble. Tasty, but only for two very small bites. We did order from their restaurant week menu though (it was after restaurant week, but they were still offering it), in case that explains it.

We did like L'Auberge Chez Francois when we went, so I second (third?) that rec.

• There's always Inn at Little Washington, though that is a bit of a drive...

I still haven't gone there yet :(

ETA: It's not in Fairfax, but it is in VA.

• Great recommendations, thank you so much! I was not having much luck with my poor google skills ;)

I agree that usually health is not necessarily a selling point for upscale restaurants.... ;) thanks for the info!!

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker