Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I can host bookclub!!!

Hey y'all -

I know we were talking about book club a few months back, but then my life sorta fell apart and I pretty much withdrew from most stuff in my life while I figured some stuff out.

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in having bookclub again?

I know one of the issues before was a location.  Now that I have my spiffy house I want to become comfortable with entertaining, and what better way then inviting some of the Nestie girls over.

My house is in South Everett, and I would be happy to host a bookclub for the end of January or February.  Please let me know if you would be interested in something like that!

-Adrienne

Re: I can host bookclub!!!

• Me!!  (raising both hands)  I'd be interested in bookclub again.  Thanks for offering snowflake.
  • I probably can't commit, but congrats on getting settled and comfortable in your new place : )
    EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • I would be interested!  I'll be gone all of January, but after that, I'd be all over it :)  I may even be able to host at some point, since we are now renting a house instead of an apartment!
  • I'm interested, assuming we pick a time/day that DH doesn't need the car. Smile  And I can host, too, since we have a big enough house!
    ~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Someone marked this thread with 1 star....

maybe they can't read?   :)

I'm just proud, I'm not sure whether any of my other posts have rated ANY stars, so I think I'm moving up in the world.  Yay me!!!!    

• The one star is more likely because it's creepy to go to someone's house if you've never met him/her. 

Even worse if it's in South Everett. Ick.

What will you read? The brilliant Twilight books? 

• oh Lovely Rita....

Continue to post, I can see you bringing much drama to the board....  not necessarily a bad thing, since the board has been pretty dead as of late.

:)

• I would be interested too even though I haven't been on this board much at all.
  • i probably can't be too active, but i will keep up with what everyone is reading and the goodreads site can still be used to keep everyone updated.
    image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • I'd be interested!

Assuming I don't end up with a job too far in the opposite direction. I eventually could host as well, as DH and I should be moved out of the apartment in early 2010.

If times/dates don't work, I'd be up for knowing what everyone is reading and trying to keep in touch on the board.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm not normally on this board, but its 6am in FL at my parents and I can't sleep. A book club would be great. I'll make sure to check into this board more often.
  • I'm interested too! Now that I'm finally done with school I'm really excited to read for pleasure again.
  • I leave for a week and miss the one snark post!

I'd love to start doing book club again since a) I have met you and b) I don't think it's creepy for us to start up the GTG's again after such a long hiatus and c) maybe more book club posts will up the snark, thus helping me continue to have something to laugh at Stick out tongue

I actually have a normal schedule for a while, and while I may not be able to make every meeting, I can probably make more than before!

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker