June 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone else here?

DH and the cats are already asleep so obviously we're not going out. I'm kind of pissed I shaved my legs for this. I think I might make some margaritas and chill with you ladies, if anyone is here to talk to that is.

Re: Anyone else here?

• I'm here. My DH is taking a "nap" so he can make it to ring in th new year with me. He better wake up soon because we have chcolate fondue to make and a bottle of wine to drink! I've just been curled up with the latest in the kids series the 39 Clues that I got for Christmas! The suspense should atleast keep me up till 9 or so when I finish it! You should make some margaritas! If I did I'd be asleep in 1/2 hour. I'm a sleepy drunk :)
    Don't Stop Believin' Hold on to that Feelin'
    June 21, 2008

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/4g1zeo.jpg[/IMG]

Merry Christmas and go Irish! Love, Taylor
  • I have a friend like that. After one drink she is usually asleep on my couch, it's pretty funny. I'm the kind of drunk that has innapropriate conversations. Embarrassed Good thing I'm drinking alone tonight.
  • In college I wasn't. If I drank I talked ridculously fast and to whoever would listen. Now that I'm old as my DH says one drink puts me out!
    Don't Stop Believin' Hold on to that Feelin'
    June 21, 2008

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/4g1zeo.jpg[/IMG]

Merry Christmas and go Irish! Love, Taylor
  • Im here! Not sure if I will make it to midnight....

Just watched Four Christmases. it was funny and  laugh at many parts. We ordered chinese. Ive been cuddling with the dogs all night!

We are going to pop in Terminator Salvation in a few. May have a piece of cake and open some sparkling cider. I offered Champagne to DH but he said he didn't want any (he knows it is my absolute fav)... I also have some sparkling pomegranate juice to open too.....

• Ooooh sparkling pomegranate juice sounds fab!
  • I'm here. DH and I just got back from dinner at Red Lobster. I ate so much that I may just fall into a food coma! We're just chillin' on the couch. DH is watching the end of the Insight Bowl (the U of MN is playing IA State).

I don't think I'm gonna make it to midnight. I'll be happy if I make it to 11! Party!!!

• I'm here too...watching tv, nesting, and waiting til midnight so I can go to bedBig Smile

• I'm here!  Our plans fell through, so I'm just going back and forth working on a denim skirt and checking the Nest.  I won't be having margaritas, but I'll be joining you with peach liqueur and orange juice. 

And speaking of types of drinkers, I'm not much of a drinker at all.  My first experience with alcohol was at a party.  I couldn't taste the alcohol in the punch, so I thought there wasn't much in there at all.  

Yeah.

About half an hour later, I was acting totally belligerent and refusing to climb steps while my roommates tried to walk me home.  I busted my @$$ in my dorm hallway and then went in and tried to sit on my bed, missed, and busted @$$ again.   I also apparently developed a pretty strong Southern accent and sang old country love songs down the hall.  My roommate called me a Georgia peach and I told her that I was not a peach, but a Georgia pear.  I remember none of it. 

Since then I've got a two-drink limit!

• I'm here and drunk... Dhs friend came back from Puerto Rico today and got us a big ass bottle of Bombay Sapphire Gin..  DH and I have drank half the bottle already!  Holy crap!  Hopefully we'll be ringing in the New Year with a "bang"  lol.....
  • image JEStrange:
    In college I wasn't. If I drank I talked ridculously fast and to whoever would listen. Now that I'm old as my DH says one drink puts me out!

A couple drinks in me and I don't shut up!!  I talk all the time anyway, but drunk OMG watch out! 

• Oh yeah and Abby is with MIL tonight, so it's okay that we are both drunk!
  • Dh is off to work, Charlie is in bed, so I am here pretty much myself. I'll probably go to bed soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I'm here! DH and I just finished watching Couple's Resort and Inglourious Basterds! Can't wait to ring in the new year and sleep off this head ache!
  • I am here! We are hanging out at the in laws house. Not a very exciting night, but I am tired and ready for midnight to get here so I can get some sleep. My SIL has her new boyfriend here tonight... She is in high school and this is the first guy she has ever seriously brought home. Oh to be young and in love. Lol.
    Brooke & Codey 06.07.08

Our first little boy due May 14

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;18;46/st/20120514/k/b79a/preg.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • image Rangergal9:
    Oh yeah and Abby is with MIL tonight, so it's okay that we are both drunk!
    . I wasn't going to say anything, but I was wondering. Glad to know you two are having a good night.
    Brooke & Codey 06.07.08

Our first little boy due May 14

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;18;46/st/20120514/k/b79a/preg.png[/img]
    [/url]
  • Ranger, your typing and grammar are too good to be drunk Stick out tongue

DH has the cold I got day after Christmas.  He's been asleep since he came home from work.  I doubt he's waking up.  I've finished half a bottle of wine as I read for fun, thought about drinking more, but holding off for now.  Starting to feel tired.

Next year I'm hoping I'll be spending NYE either partying with our East Coast friends, or working in an East Coast hospital (we have to work either Christmas or New Year's).

image Thanksgiving, 2011 Amanda & Joe, June 28, 2008 Blog of Randomness BFP 6/10/11; Missed m/c at 5wk6d; D&C 7/18/11, Triploidy BFP 11/24/11, please be our sticky baby pregnant
  • It's 9:33 in California and I could seriously just go to bed now and be happy. We invited DH's brother over and now I'm sitting downstairs alone, trying to avoid my insanely hyper cat who is running and jumping around the house.

Note to self: Don't invite BIL over on New Years ever again. 

• Sorry I bailed on you ladies last night. I may or may not have accidentally made a loud noise to wake DH up.