Married Life
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

ML Moms of toddlers or older, a question.

When did you convert your crib? or get a "big kid bed" for your little one?

Hazel is able to put her foot on the rail while standing up but not to the point of crawling out of her bed yet. I still feel like it's too early to convert but dh is scared she's going to "fall out and break her neck."

Should i get a crib tent and see how that works or should we go ahead and convert?

ETA: she is 20 mos, will be 2 in april.

Re: ML Moms of toddlers or older, a question.

• E never made any attempt to climb out of her crib, ever.  So she stayed in it until she was 3.
    imageimage
  • dh is really freaking out. Like big eyed, saying we need to watch her because she's trying to climb out, freaking out. I'm not worried. i've seen her with her foot on the crib but it's when i come in to pick her up in the mornings. She plays for a while before i get her out of the bed so i'm figuring if she was going to climb out she would have already.
  • About 3 for both of them.  Mine were never big on trying to climb out of the crib though.
  • 14 months... but he was scaling the crib and getting out. So yeah...
    Mimi to May Babies: William Gabriel Martin '07, Morgan Ana Terese '10
    [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/1z5lzrs.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://sedf.lilyslim.com/Npc2m8.png?4FFbS3Lm[/IMG]
  • If she can put her leg up there, I'd switch her out.  She my not be *trying* to climb out, but may end up doing it out of curiosity (if that makes sense). 

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • imageDR&RN04:
    If she can put her leg up there, I'd switch her out.  She my not be *trying* to climb out, but may end up doing it out of curiosity (if that makes sense). 

makes sense. thanks!

• When she learned to climb out of her crib and come in to my room and wake me up.  I think she was about 16 months. 
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you. My Blog
  • My boy was crawling out early, I want to say he was in a toddler on or before his first birthday and at 15 months I moved him to a twin bed. Never had a problem with either. He ended up on the floor a few times but he learned quickly after that!!