D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NYE PLans?

2»

Re: NYE PLans?

• A whole lot of nothing.  H works and I don't know anyone who isn't part of a couple.  So, I will be home probably getting my weekend cleaning done early.

However, I did buy a bottle of champage, so I am going to try drunk cleaning! 

• we're going to a friend's house for dinner...we may or may not spend the night. depends on how much we end up having to drink (I don't drive after 2 glasses of wine and especially not on NYE!). we're taking the little guy with us and he'll sleep there in his packnplay so if we spend the night it's no big deal.

and tomorrow my sister and her family are coming over to exchange xmas presents since we didn't see them at xmas.

this is the first year as an adult that I haven't partied on NYE. It's a little depressing. Even last year when I was pg, I got dressed up, we went to a party and I drank sparkling apple cider and hung out until 2am. and we could have gotten a babysitter tonight, but with the little guy being quite the early riser we figured that NYE wasn't worth the loss of sleep!!

• Going over to friends' tonight for a low-key evening...too many of us are pregnant and/or have babies.

Tomorrow, we're also planning on cleaning and I'm making a big pot of chili.

We're very exciting these days. :)

[IMG]http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy198/slkroeger/H9.jpg[/IMG]
  • Right now i'm getting ready to put a prime rib in the oven.  We've been drinking champagne since 4.  We've got an entire case of champagne at our disposal.
  • We are going to a friends' house tonight to play Wii (Beatles Rockband - whoop!)

And I just gave the dog a bath.  Go me!

Tomorrow, we are going to laze around and go eat lunch with my Grandpa in the country.  Have to have black eyed peas for good luck on New Years! :)  

Then some organizing and cleaning will probably ensue...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No daycare today or tomorrow for the holidays but DH has to work both days so I am home with the girls.  Today was a PJ day and the littlest one is already in bed and I am eating dinner with Maggie.  After a bath for her and a bunch of bedtime stories I will continue cleaning my total disaster of a house (8 adults and 3 kids for the holidays in a small townhouse can wreak a little bit of havoc).  I probably will not stay up for the ball drop since Molly is up at 5:30 most days, 6:30 if I am super lucky.
  • We revised our dinner menu and are now having: shrimp cocktail, filet mignon, crabcakes, baked potatoes, mixed vegetables, and beer. Lots of beer. We spent about $40 on food and drink for tonight, so it should be awesome.

DH has the potatoes in the oven and we are starting to prep everything else. I have finished half of my first Bell's Two-Hearted Ales.

Life is good. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NYE: Going to a friend's house for a bit. We used to go to big blowout parties at bars with these people, but now we all have kids. We are planning on leaving around 10 to come home and have some champagne with our friends who are babysitting DS.

NYD: We're going to my brother's to watch some of the Penn State game (and eat food) then watching the Rose Bowl either here or at a friends (more of the same baby-having friends). 

Nothing too exciting! I'll be surprised if I make it to midnight. Happy new year, everyone!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest