Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Amazingkel

Just a question, don't mean to pry... but I was wondering if you would share your adoption story with us.
"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap and tell them about me?" DD 9/22/03 Our little sassypants! DS 4/10/10 My little man is growing so fast

Re: Amazingkel

• ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It really isn't anything over the top, but I worked as a case manager for 4 years helping kids that were removed from there parents, and it always broke my heart when some of them ended up moving from foster home to foster home every night.  I actually had a 4 yr old say to me after a week of moving to a different foster home every night, "Please Miss Kelly, not another home!"  it was heartbreaking.

Well, when my DH and I had been living together for about a year, we werent even engaged yet, he got into social services as well.  So, we decided to become foster parents.  We had NO intentions of adopting any of the kids...we simply wanted the kids who bounced from home to home to have a stable home until a forever home was found for them.  Our first foster son was a 13 month old little boy whose mother had beaten him so bad that his little legs were broken at four months old and he spent from 4 months until a year old in splints.  He stole our heart and from the minute he was in our home we decided that we could not NOT adopt.  Unfortunately, it was a long road until little Isaiah came to us.  We had four other foster children in the meantime and it was HEARTBREAKING everytime one of them left. On Oct 31, 2007 Isaiah came to live with us.  He was only 9 months old and weighed 12 pounds bc he had been so neglected.  The case manager told us he would be delayed, and was "slow"  We were so furious, this little guy had not even been given a chance!! Within a week he had started crawling and gaining weight and had a full developmental eval about a month or two later which showed he was actually AHEAD, he just needed the chance to get there.

We fought for 2 years for Isaiah, and up until this past July we were 99% sure he was leaving to go live with Family in NY.  We were DEVASTATED and seriously had a very hard time swallowing it.  This family had not even come forward until he had been with us for a year and a half...the stupid relative had actually said NO to taking custody of him months prior. We decided to reach out to them and invited them to dinner with us when they were in town visiting.  The relative (his paternal grandmother) saw us with him and said she would never take him from our home.  She was just so scared that he was "lost" in the system.  We still keep in touch with her and hope someday she can shed some light to him on how bad his dad was and could never have been a father to him (he has been in and out of prison for over 20 years). Isaiah's mother is a deadbeat and just did not want to do what it takes to care for him and let drugs take over her life. I hope she has the opportunity to grow up and get herself straigthened out someday.

Once we knew we could adopt him it was just a waiting game until November 30, when our adoption was finalized.  He is the first grandchild in our family and I really couldnt imagine life without him!!!!

• Sorry for butting in, I was about to jump off TN & saw this thread so I wanted to see if you would answer. I have read a little in your blog & was curious about how you guys ended up adopting him. Thanks for sharing - you guys are such amazingly giving people to foster children and adopt. You are definitely someone I admire & I wish many many blessings to you & your family!
  • image jds0521:
    Sorry for butting in, I was about to jump off TN & saw this thread so I wanted to see if you would answer. I have read a little in your blog & was curious about how you guys ended up adopting him. Thanks for sharing - you guys are such amazingly giving people to foster children and adopt. You are definitely someone I admire & I wish many many blessings to you & your family!

thank you so much we really appreciate that!

• Thank you for sharing your story!   We are also going to adopt, so I am always curious about adoption stories. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was just lurking on and off The Nest while my clothes are washing and I read your story. That is absolutely amazing. I am glad that you got Isaiah and I wish you many blessings in the new year!
    " As you dream of the woman you hope to be, don't forget to celebrate the woman you have already become" - Author Unknown TTC buddies with Blueeyedblossom image
  • What an enlightening story - thank you for sharing!
    BFP on 10/08/29 - m/c on 10/22/09 (5wks 3 days)
    Mah Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket