D.C. Area Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Real World DC = Trainwreck

but I bet I'll watch it next week!!!!

Good gravy.  I just kept repeating to myself --- thank god I'm not single (and 20), thank god I'm not single....

Re: Real World DC = Trainwreck

• Lol, I'm watching now.  My first thought seeing how excited some of them were to be in DC was wow, there's a lot I take for granted.  DH and I were joking about all the stereotypes and all the drunk fighting that will be happening :-P
  • Heck yeah.  We gave up with 15 minutes left, but it's on the DVR so I'm sure we'll watch it soon ;) 

image image image
  • Trainwreck, of course.  But that's the formula that makes RW so popular. 

I gotta say though, I thought that Andrew was just hilarious.  Everything he said (with the exception of "Africa-America"- that was annoying) was funny.  So, as painful as it  may be, I will probably check it out from time to time just to see him.

• DH loved how one of the girls came in to the house and got all excited because there is a hot tub.  He said there's always a hot tub - maybe she's too young to have seen all the old seasons to know that?
    image image image
  • Hey, the stereotypes are a little different this year!

Bisexual guy is a Christian.
    Conservative girl is a vegan.
    Black guy is an athiest.

That Andrew kid is inappropriate, but at least he says some funny stuff.  I was howling after I saw the preview for next week and what he says to the paramedics.

• We watched it too, and were kind of amazed at how clean and bright Dupont Circle looked in the neighborhood shots! Not that it's a grungy, gross place, but DC overall looked like Disney in the placement shots - and this year especially it was rainy and blech so often. And seriously, their first night in town and they go to Buca di Beppo for dinner? WTH?

As far as the stereotypes and drunken silliness - that's part of the fun of watching! I set the DVR to series record, so I'll catch up with it here and there. I'm looking forward to seeing where they have them work. I heard that they placed them at different non-profits and such in the area, and am curious how that worked out. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image mssaint:

And seriously, their first night in town and they go to Buca di Beppo for dinner? WTH?

Ditto this.

• image mssaint:

And seriously, their first night in town and they go to Buca di Beppo for dinner? WTH?

That is funny - I thought the exact same thing. 

I will say that if I were those girls, I am not sure that I would be all that comfortable living with a guy who's mom caught him stealing, another guy who admittedly spent time in the clink, and a pathological liar.  I get that people change - but 75% of the boys in that house would scare the crap out of me to spend my days and nights wasted with and in a hot tub Tongue Tied

• image Mrs.L.B.:
    image mssaint:

Ditto this.

I agree they could have gone some place better--but it's literally right around the corner from their house. Of course there are about 2 dozen better places to eat right around the corner as well, but they're young and dumb...

• They often go to chain restaurants on the Real World - I just assume the PAs steer them to them because it's easier to get permission to film from places that are getting national exposure. Like in Denver, they kept going to Rock Bottom when there are so many better beer bars in town. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image mssaint:
    They often go to chain restaurants on the Real World - I just assume the PAs steer them to them because it's easier to get permission to film from places that are getting national exposure. Like in Denver, they kept going to Rock Bottom when there are so many better beer bars in town. 

I remember a bunch of bars announced early on that they didn't want the show filming there...I bet some of the local restaurants were probably eager to limit their drama exposure too. 

image image image