Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

New Year's resolutions

Post them if you have them! 

I usually don't do them because in general I think it's kind of dumb, but I really need to stop cursing because Charlie is picking that shiit up and repeating things like crazy.

I kind of started during Lent - I stopped taking God's name in vain and tried to extend it to cursing.  Clearly I still need to work on the cursing...

DS 3.12.08
DD 7.11.09
DD 8.01.13

Re: New Year's resolutions

• it is a goal. i would like to publish my dissertation. i'm procrastinating badly.
  • this is kinda corny, but mine would be to make new friends (seriously, i kinda don't have any).
    image Ridin dirty
  • mine would be to follow a dream I have and not chicken out, I have put the wheels in motion and will let u all know more, if and when I don't chicken out.
  • Mine are extremely typical and boring i.e. working out more and eating better.
  • image Tianacheron:
    this is kinda corny, but mine would be to make new friends (seriously, i kinda don't have any).

T, we need to have more gtg's!

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Tiana where do you live?

Nevermind, Devon, duh.

Yeah that's right my name's Yauch!
  • eagles, i am so down with that!

ltp- my wedding was in devon, i live in downingtown but am always looking for excuses to come & play in the city!!!

on the friend thing, i know alot of people, some of which i consider friends, but its just that when you've been around the same people for so long, you get too comfortable.  comfort is nice, but sometimes i'd like to learn new and different things, i always thought that your circle of friends should challenge you in different ways

image Ridin dirty
  • tianna - your kids aren't your friends? weird. :)

i would join a book club if i were you. nice way to spark discussion even with people you already know. 

• Every year, my New Year's resolutions is to not have any New Year's resolutions because I never follow through.

However, this year, I have 2 -

To lose weight for my 10 year HS reunion.  I was shapely and curveacous in HS, now I am just one big curve in the wrong direction.  Must.not.be.fat!!!  Also, I want to begin a blog about it.

To learn guitar with my new Fender acoustic DH bought me!

• To improve at keeping in touch with friends...I've used FB as an excuse for "keeping up" with others' lives and news.  I plan to email and call friends more often.
  • I need to be better about food shopping and cooking dinner as opposed to ordering out so much.  Lame, but I'm serious about it!
    [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/281c7dy.jpg[/IMG],[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/28aqn0h.jpg[/IMG]
    Scarlett and Drew
  • be outdoors more

watch less tv

last year was ny's resoulution was to buy a belt...i never even did that. so let's hope this years goes better

• Cookbooks. I have GOT to use my cookbooks more often. I love them so much but they need a workout!  like me!
    [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!