International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

i have health insurance questions mostly about deductibles.

We have a $2000 deductible on our medical account.  What exactly does that mean?  Does it mean I have to pay $2000 of my medical expenses in the year before they will even start covering me?

Let's say for example, that we've been to the doctor 6 times this year for regular old check ups and had one medical emergency totalling $3000...we have to pay $2000 of it then the medical insurance will cover $1000?

I'm confused.

Edit: I'm asking this because we haven't reached our deductible yet...we've only spent about $500 this year out of pocket in medical expenses but we went to the doctor while home in the states and they paid all but our $20 co-pay for the visit.  now I'm sending in claims from Europe (it is a global plan so that is not the problem) and they are denying the claim saying I haven't reached my deductible  yet.

Re: i have health insurance questions mostly about deductibles.

• Yes, basically that is correct. You will pay a co-pay, and then you should get billed the difference between what the doctor bills and what the insurance allows. So for a $2000 deductible it would take a while if you were healthy to meet it. We each have a $2500 deductible so basically everything we pay is OOP, except for Finn's visits which we just pay the co-pay, because kids well visits are covered by our plan. And I believe you continue to pay co-pays, even after you meet your deductible.
    DS 02.10.2008 * DD 04.05.2011

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/jhzsar.jpg[/IMG]