International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Shipping ?

Has anyone shipped something from the US to their new country where your shipment came right to your door? Before moving I shipped some stuff to Oz, but it only went to the port and we had to pick it up and go through customs and it was a huge hassle.  There are a few furniture pieces I want to have shipped here, but I really don't want to have to go get it at the port,  I would much rather it come right to my door.  Is this normal procedure to have it go to the port, or is it possible to come right to my house? Does anyone know/recommend a company that does this? TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shipping ?

• I used Robinsons International, they do door to door and I am 99% sure they ship to Australia too. We had no problems with them at all!
    DS 02.10.2008 * DD 04.05.2011

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/jhzsar.jpg[/IMG]
  • Yeah, you just need to specify when making the shipping arrangements that you want it door to door instead of door to port. 

• Thanks ladies, I will definitely look up Robinsons.  Last time I shipped they asked if I wanted them to take care of all the customs forms, etc, and I said yes, but obviously that didn't happen! It was the biggest pain in the butt to get my stuff.  I am definitely getting door to door this time!
  • our shipping company handled all the stuff at the docks & delivered to our door, granted that was from the UK to the OZ, but you definitely can arrange it

we used excess baggage, but again - I think that's just UK to OZ

definitely look around for a company that has offices here, then you can find out if they will do 'door to door' shipping as they call it:)

• Thanks, I will do that.  I should have just asked you this afternoon, but I forgot all about it!