Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected].com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Planning BachParty for My Cousin - Tell me about yours!

Hi Ladies,

I am starting to plan my cousin's bachelorette party - need some Philly ideas.  For mine - back in 2006 :-) - we did a pre-party at my sister's house in Conshi, a BYO Italian in Center City, and then McFadden's or something like that.  I had a great time - it was pretty low-key.  Cousin is a little fancier than me.  So here's what I had in mind:

Saturday spa-day at the Lowes or Omni (any experiences with these?)

Dinner out on the town - need recs for a great BYO or a place that is used to handling large groups (think we'll be about 15-20).  I'm thinking Center City (if we choose Lowes) or Old City areas (if we choose Omni).

Then - where is a "good place to go out" - that is such a stupid question, I know.  I like the Old City bars, but I haven't really been out in about 2 years (pregnant and now with baby = no fun).  I always liked both Continentals... does anywhere offer VIP/Bottle Service?

Thanks so much for your tips and stories!  Appreciate it! 

Re: Planning BachParty for My Cousin - Tell me about yours!

• We wanted our rehearsal dinner in Old City and I had a hard time finding any BYO's that would accommodate large parties.  We ended up at Plough and the Stars.  They gave us the whole upstairs for 30 people, with our own bartender and the party person there was awesome.  By 10pm, the place begins to turn into a dance party so our OOT bridal party loved that it was a good place to dance as well.

My bachelorette was not a classy affair at all, so I can't really help there.  My 21 year old sister planned most of it so we did Club Risque, Cavanaugh's River Deck (with a backup of Old City which we didn't end up doing anyway), Pure (now Voyeur), the after-hours gay club until 4am.  It was a blast. 

• For my bachelorette party, my friend arranged dinner at La Fontana della Citta at (BYOB at 17th and Spruce) - about 20 people came - they made a customized menu and it was great. It was a bit crowded because there was another large party behind us but service did not suffer, it was just loud. I think it was $35/person.
    http://www.lafontanadellacitta.com/

My friend's bachelorette party dinner was at El Vez but was more pricey at $45/person plus the cost of drinks.

After dinner we went to Yakitori Boy Karoake for my bparty.

• Yakitori boy is a hoot. 

food isn't super duper - but its all still a good time.  

• when is this party?

For mine which was in the summer we stayed at The Windsor Suites on the Parkway overnight, so we could use their roof top pool to sunbathe and swim then we got ready all together in a big apt like suite complete with kitchen (we had drinks and apps there). Went to dinner on Walnut St at Peitro's, then drinks on the rooftop at Continental, then various other Rittenhouse bars - got a bit blurry, lol, went back to the room and partied some more, slept,  then had room service breakfast in the morning before checking out.

• Wow, thanks so much - these are really great ideas!  I LOVE that idea about the hotel on the Parkway - we are aiming for the end of July for the party.  (Planning early because we need to get it on the calendar this year - 4 other weddings this summer and all the parties that go with.)

I also didn't know you could reserve the top portion of the Plough - I loved the Plough in my post-college bar-hopping days! 

Thanks so much!

• Dinner at Vietnam Palace (cheap eats, awesome drinks, e.g. lychee martini, green tea martini, etc.) can easily handle large party upstairs followed by karaoke at Yakitori Boy across the street.  You can get a private room at Yakitori Boy or you can just go in the bar (I think more fun b/c they have wireless mics so you can sing AND work the crowd!)
    Yeah that's right my name's Yauch!