Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Who's here?

How was everyone's Christmas (if you celebrated)? Craziest story from the weekend? Favorite gift?

I'm going to need a LOT of entertaining this week...

Re: Who's here?

• haha great minds think alike
  • image Jennyinheaven:
    haha great minds think alike

Whoops.

• I'm here, off and on (have some work to do), and I'm leaving early.

Christmas was good - hubs and I had his brother and wife over; I cooked my first Turkey and it was a success!  Christmas night, the hubs, his brother and I induldge in a little too much booze Beer

Favorite gift would be earrings from Tiffany's. 

• I'm here and totally bored.  My user id was deleted while I was on maternity leave and I have no access to anything work related.  Thanks to outsourcing our IT to India I was told it could take 2 weeks to fix.

My Christmas was great.  The baby is too young to know what was going on but he was so cute being passed around at the parties we went to.  He kept giving everyone these bashful smiles. priceless.

• This was our first time spending the holiday together and splitting between our families and it went better than expected. Some awkward moments during dinner between some of DH's extended family members, but overall no huge drama.

Favorite gift is a tie between the bubble ring DH got me (pic below) and the Kindle! 

• Pretty ring Jess!
  • image Philly6*6*09:
    Pretty ring Jess!

Thanks, I love it!

• I am here til 2, then going out with my pal to Tria.

Great great great holiday.  

favorite gift:  pretty diamond stud earrings. And also a new tea mug which is SUPER cool and a bunch of loose teas.

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!
  • Had a really nice hectic holiday.  Best gift was getting to see almost all of my family.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • favorite gift for me purple suede purse I am in love with it, it makes me feel cool. ha

DH also got my an awesome bath pillow and bubble bath so I can finally bathe in my bathtub. I have a weird overhanging ledge in the back of my tub so taking a bath was totally uncomfortable till I got the pillow.

• also, we cheated death by missing an accident by a hair on 95 south on christmas day. and the good news is that the ILs also missed same accident (they were 4 cars behind us, accident happened in between our cars).

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!
  • I'm here too. Our Christmas was good, hung with my family and took my grandmother to see 'Real' Diamond 'A tribute Band' which needless to say was interesting. The best gift is probably H re-doing the bathroom after 3 years of nagging, I am more than grateful for it. Hope everyone had a good holiday!
  • I'm here.  This week is going to be busier than I thought but luckily I only have to work today, tomorrow and a half day on Wednesday.

Favorite gift would be GCs for Phillies tixs!

#1  12.11.11
    #2  10.23.13 EDD
  • image rumdrinx:

also, we cheated death by missing an accident by a hair on 95 south on christmas day. and the good news is that the ILs also missed same accident (they were 4 cars behind us, accident happened in between our cars).

That's a nice gift, glad to hear you're alright

• Morning girls. I'll be here all week, except on Friday.

DH and I didn't exchange gifts this year but my mom got us a ton of stuff which made up for it. Best gift from my mom was probably my diamond necklace. I don't have a pic but it's a simple 1/2 ct. diamond solitaire pendant, pear shaped. I'm not really a pear shaped kind of gal but it's purdy.

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt116b04.aspx[/img][/url]
  • image rumdrinx:

also, we cheated death by missing an accident by a hair on 95 south on christmas day. and the good news is that the ILs also missed same accident (they were 4 cars behind us, accident happened in between our cars).

Eek! Scary.

• image rumdrinx:

wow, that's scary.

I had a little fender bender in the parking lot of shop rite on thursday.  oops.

• here all week and kind of busy. 

christmas was good.  lots of family and not lots of drama.  i had a cold that dampered my spirits a bit.  favorite gift- sweater from the gap that i had been lusting over from dh.  i think he wanted me to be more psyched about the camera (i did like that too) but for some reason i just really, really wanted this sweater.

rum- glad to hear everyone is okay.  that is super scary.

• Sorry, I'm a bit behind you gals since I don't get to work until 10am... I posted below but my big AW present is a guitar from my DH.  I am so so excited to take lessons.  I took piano lessons for 12 years, so I am excited to take up an instrument in adult life :)  Plus, I need a hobby besides TN. 
  • Hey ladies! My Christmas was great. No crazy stories here. Paige loves to eat wrapping paper,thats about it. It was really a fun Christmas.

I hope everyone had a nice holiday too.